Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Didn’t we get his contract voided due to a career ending injury exception? 

We stretched it. That made it like 5 million over 3 years Instead of 17 million in one year. 

11 minutes ago, LaVar said:

We stretched it. That made it like 5 million over 3 years Instead of 17 million in one year. 

No its voided. Its off the books completely 

7 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Wonder if Evan is looking at some of these deals and regretting opting in

No doubt, but can we take advantage? So many 3 team deals and so many teams with extra younger and cheaper wings. We know we have to pay Fultz and Isaac. Let's get a few cheaper guys and hope one hits! Evans numbers are easily as good as some of these crap players getting big money. Holy cow it's 2016 all over again.

Edit... we really need to get in on the Bucks, Pelicans deal. 

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

K good to know.

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

You're right. I was looking under hoop hype and it still showed.

3 hours ago, JayMac said:

Bacon and Mane can turn out to not be worth the bets (i really think they will be good surprises for us) but I can happily say that I enjoyed our FO moves tonight.

Still no news on Ingram and NOP has been left with basically only 1 center in their roster (who is still very raw) so I can go to bed a dream about a sign-and-trade of Ingram for Vuc.

I'm afraid that's not a dream, but an outright fantasy with no chance of ever happening. Don't get me wrong, I would jump on that in a heartbeat, but I think the chance of it happening is 0.00000%.

9 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This goofy ass organization is really about to just run it back...

I hate this team!

SMH... here we go again... I expect to wake up to a new contract for DJ in the morning

So, by my count we’ve got 14 on roster

Fultz/Fournier/Ennis/Gordon/Vucevic

Cole/Ross/Okeke/Aminu/Bamba

Bacon/Clark/Isaac/Birch

Gotta imagine the last spot is going to either Augustin or MCW. Hope we’re really really excited to watch Cole and Okeke, cause that’s the only new we’re gonna see this season. You’d think we’d be used to it by now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This goofy ass organization is really about to just run it back...

I hate this team!

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

SMH... here we go again... I expect to wake up to a new contract for DJ in the morning

If he signed for the veteran minimum, he will still make almost exactly what he was scheduled, but the team saves $400K against the salary cap/luxury tax threshold. It kind of looks to me like he did us a favor by opting out. Considering he started the last 23 games for us, and played fairly well in the playoffs I don't actually hate this move. A cheap veteran that plays with hustle and passion, who can hold down the SF position until/unless Okeke is ready to take it from him doesn't seem like a bad call.