Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

38 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Wow we dodged a bullet for sure. Don’t understand why the front office always wants to move on from the wrong players. AG on a properly constructed team would be deadly. Just wish we could build that team and use him correctly. 

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Wow we dodged a bullet for sure. Don’t understand why the front office always wants to move on from the wrong players. AG on a properly constructed team would be deadly. Just wish we could build that team and use him correctly. 

I don’t know that they want to move in from him, tho I guess it is possible they believe they have seen all they have to see of him. But I think the reasoning is more that he is the only movable and desirable piece we have in order to get to a properly constructed team

I've been highly critical with the FO, but as we always say, they don't leak a lot, so that sound more a way to generate interest on RW by Houston, that a real interest by the Magic.

Or at least I hope, trading for him would be a complete disaster.

Wow, just thinking the league is about to start in about a month. It'll be interesting to see how it goes with such a short layoff. Well, for some teams; others haven't played since March. It might be a weird season. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Seems like the Magic's schedule will have a healthy dose of the Raptors given the news that they're playing in Tampa Bay to start the season.

I think I read every team plays every other team in the conference exactly three times and every team in the opposite conference exactly two times. We aren't playing them any more than any other Eastern Conference team.

14  x 3 = 42 Eastern games

15 × 2 = 30 Western games

72 total games

19 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I think I read every team plays every other team in the conference exactly three times and every team in the opposite conference exactly two times. We aren't playing them any more than any other Eastern Conference team.

14  x 3 = 42 Eastern games

15 × 2 = 30 Western games

72 total games

Ah right didn't realised they'd released that. Thought they might do more games by promiximity due to the pandemic.