Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Fultz, Gordon, Bamba, picks and salary filler for Harden

Make it happen

Can’t imagine Harden wants anything to do with us 

14 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Why can’t we get rid of Evan? He’s been awful in the playoffs, and he is what he is. 

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/203095/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Playoffs

Yes he has the anti-clutch gene. So what, look at Paul George. Evans regular season numbers are very good. Evan would have looked really good next to Steph. LIke we have all said, all of our players are second or third types. If we had an Alpha it would take away half of Evans bad shots/bad plays because he wouldn't have the ball!

Ok so the Tax line is $132.6m

As of right now we have about $119.3m committed to 11 guys (9 returning guys + Chuma + Cole). 

We also have a $1.8m cap hold for the qualifying offer on Gary Clark. 

That gives us roughly $11.5m to spend with 4 open roster spots (not counting Clark because he could still leave which would open back up that extra $1.8m)

With that in mind, as things stand, it's going to be very tricky to use the full MLE. Using it would leave us with 2.3m below the tax with 3 open roster spots. Now we could go into the season with 14 guys but that'd still only be 2.3m + the Clark cap hold split between 2 guys. We could theoretically do Gary Clark for up to  $2.5m a season and then still have room for a 1 year vet minimum deal but paying Clark any more than that would mean we'd need an undrafted free agent as the 14th man (if we did this we could pay Clark up to $3.2m ish a season) and we'd only have 14 guys on the roster.

So as it stands, with present roster construction, I'd suggest it's unlikely we do the full MLE (starting at $9.2m in year 1). 

I actually think all this suggests at some point we'll make a trade which uses up some of those roster spots (i.e. we acquire more players than we send out) - seems likely to be Fournier if the reports are to be believed.

Trading Fournier and getting back an extra player without taking on more salary then means we have $11.5m to spend with 3 open roster spots. You could then do the full MLE, Clark at $2.5m and still have just about the 1 year vet minimum left over to get you to a full 15 man roster if my math is correct.

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Fultz, Gordon, Bamba, picks and salary filler for Harden

Make it happen

I am not a big Harden fan. But f we can get him for Fournier, Vuc an 3 future 1rd Picks I would consider it.

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Agreed. But maybe we could package Vuc and more picks to get someone like Paul George

Sorry to say but O-Town doesn’t work the market like that. If anything, I see us playing a part as a third team in Westbrook or Harden deals to acquire young talent.

Honestly, given the weird Bogdan scenario that played out, I’m surprised the Bucks haven’t come after Evan. Seems that would make sense for both teams.