Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Warriors tax bill apparently jumps from $68m to $150m if they use the full 17m TPE. So we can rule out the Fournier trades.

I don't think that is correct - part of this year's agreements for the cap/luxury tax remaining the same were reductions to some of those higher tax rates for this year only; so it may not have been updated yet. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-luxury-tax-rule-2020-21-nba-season-tremendous-warriors

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Warriors tax bill apparently jumps from $68m to $150m if they use the full 17m TPE. So we can rule out the Fournier trades.

I read an article about how they lowered the penalty because of covid. So far this offseason the contenders do not seem worried about money.

Just for fun, here are two lists. https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2020_totals.html#totals_stats::fg3

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2020_totals.html#totals_stats::fg3

First is the top 3 pointers made and the second list top percentages. 

Seriously look how perfect Evan is for them. He is high volume shooter who can handle the ball and has the size to defend the bigger guards. Look at the list! Most of the guys in the top 40 are either too expensive, not available, not the right position or are only good at shooting and nothing else. 

12 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

They changed the luxury tax rules for this season due to the pandemic.

Yea so in Marks' example there they would save 50 million ish. But they'd still pay $100m in tax Vs like $45m 

EDIT: so Fournier is effectively costing you $72m.

Interesting tidbit form the Athletic’s post draft power rankings:

“League sources say Evan Fournier is trying to find his way to a team like the Clippers, Suns or Nuggets.”

Maybe I will be proved wrong about not moving Evan until the deadline

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Interesting tidbit form the Athletic’s post draft power rankings:

“League sources say Evan Fournier is trying to find his way to a team like the Clippers, Suns or Nuggets.”

Maybe I will be proved wrong about not moving Evan until the deadline

That's interesting. Not sure what Clippers have to offer us. Or the Sun's really now they've traded Oubre. Denver would obviously  be a package around Gary Harris I guess.

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Wow... I just kind of assumed we’d keep Wes. Wish him luck wherever he winds up 

Yea I'm surprised we haven't extended him the qualifying offer toi. With Ennis opting out and us declining Frazier's option we've got legitimately no 3s on the roster right now.

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea I'm surprised we haven't extended him the qualifying offer toi. With Ennis opting out and us declining Frazier's option we've got legitimately no 3s on the roster right now.

I think they see Okeke as a 3