Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

For those pondering Beasley, only way he happens here is a Sign and Trade. He’s an RFA and we only have the full MLE available ($9.3 mill I believe) which he’ll undoubtedly get more than.

My thoughts on the roster for next year assuming there’s no trades

starters: Fultz/Fournier/Rodney Hood with the MLE/Gordon/Vucevic

bench: Anthony/MCW/Ross/Okeke/Bamba

depth: Birch/Worldwide Wes/Aminu/?/?

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I think (and hope) AG will be playing a lot more at his natural PF position, so I hope I don't see your starting line-up. I think a lot will depend on whether Okeke is truly a SF or a PF. Part of the reason I was a bit disappointed when Ennis opted out. I was thinking that if he opted in, we probably would only keep one of Iwundu/Clark; so now that seems more up in the air. I think the odds on retaining Iwundu went up, and I could actually see him starting at the SF. I also think Clark might stick if Ennis isn't re-signed.

Starting lineup - Fultz/Fournier/Iwundu/Gordon/Vucevic

Primary backups - Anthony/Ross/Okeke/Aminu/Bamba or possibly Anthony/MCW/Ross/Okeke/Bamba

I think your close out the game lineup is probably correct, barring major FA signing or trade.

That leaves your end of bench guys being Clark, Birch, Isaac(i), and possibly leaving a roster space open, in case of injury. If neither Okeke or Clark can play the SF, I think you will see us play more "three guard" lineups with Fournier and/or Ross sliding over to SF a lot again. Depth chart would probably look like this:

Fultz/Anthony/MCW

Fournier/Ross/(MCW)

Iwundu/Okeke/Isaac(i)

Gordon/Aminu/Clark

Vucevic/Bamba/Birch

I agree, I would like to see AG play PF more and I personally don’t like the lineup I listed. It was what I think Clifford will do, not what I would do. If it were up to me, Amuni and Evan would have been trade already. 

That said, im very high on Chuma l, but not sure if he has the ability to defend the SF position yet. 

Also, I doubt MCW will come back, I think he played himself into a payday. Also, I think Wes will test free agency. I like Wes and hope he comes back, but I’m not confident he will. 

Daryl Morey was supposed to be inheriting an overpaid, inflexible roster that might've needed to rid itself of Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid to get the makeover it truly needed. So much for that.

First, Morey found a way to move Al Horford's contract by attaching it to the 34th pick in Wednesday's draft, a protected 2025 1st-rounder, and the rights to Vasilije Micic, and sending that package to OKC in exchange for Danny Green and Terrance Ferguson. Then, the Sixers turned Josh Richardson and the 36th pick (Tyler Bey) into Seth Curry, acquiring the cost-effective sharpshooter from Dallas. As if that wasn't enough, two-way stud Tyrese Maxey fell to Philly at No. 21, and the Sixers used the 49th pick on Isaiah Joe, one of the 2020 class' best shooters.

Horford and Richardson are no slouches, but with Green, Curry, Ferguson, Maxey, and Joe, Morey addressed some of the team's shooting woes and need for shot creation without sacrificing much (if any) of Philly's defensive upside. - Casciaro

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2054430/the-15-most-interesting-things-that-happened-on-nba-draft-day

I guess Philly's roster was easier to evaluate than ours since it only took Morey a month to acquire a roster with better fitting pieces.

6 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2054430/the-15-most-interesting-things-that-happened-on-nba-draft-day

I guess Philly's roster was easier to evaluate than ours since it only took Morey a month to acquire a roster with better fitting pieces.

Morey is also a real GM who makes moves and takes risks and is one of the best basketball minds ever. Our guys just simply aren’t that...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

It’s pretty clear that Morey is more willing to make moves that drastically change a roster

fp95gAMF_bigger.jpg

Elfrid Payton, Kenny Wooten will be waived & NYK, as expected, won’t exercise Bobby Portis’ option, sources confirm. Some mutual interest in Portis’ return, per sources. Also, no qualifying offer for Damyean Dotson. NYK has planned to keep Reggie Bullock. Newsday first reported.

Dotson would be a solid addition in a 3-and-D role. Will have a lot of suitor on the market, but I feel he'd be a good fit for us. Reminds me of a poor man's Danuel House.

The Warriors don't have the same depth they had back when they were competing for titles. Veterans like Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston are gone. Kevin Durant is in Brooklyn with the Nets. Losing Thompson is devastating; there is no replacement.

Still, the team will have its $5.7 million taxpayer mid-level exception to spend, but, more importantly, a $17.1 million trade exception from the Iguodala trade with the Memphis Grizzlies. The Warriors have until Nov. 23 to use it. The answer may be Kelly Oubre Jr., who was recently traded from the Phoenix Suns to the Oklahoma City Thunder. At $14.4 million for next season, Oubre may be the best young, athletic wing experienced enough to help keep the Warriors afloat. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2918769-br-nba-staff-can-warriors-survive-another-major-klay-thompson-injury

GS has to use their $17M trade exception by November 23.

19 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not sure what GS have to offer for Fournier but it makes sense for them given they just lost Klay. Just whether it makes sense for us.

Minnesota 2021 first rounder is an overpay for Fournier, but GS championship window is closing and they need to maximize while they can

https://tradenba.com/trades/BhbIUTKRp

There you go Evan to the Warriors for the Wolves 2021 pick that Golden state owns. They shouldn't do it, but stranger things have happened. Evan would fit in nicely, and his money comes off the books when Klay comes back. I think there are only a handful of guys that fit for Golden State. If another team does it and we don't i'll be pissed.