Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

5 minutes ago, The Buccaneer said:

Malik Beasley? 

I think this team values character too much to bring in Beasley.

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley is facing multiple charges of drug possession and threats of violence after an incident at his Minnesota home last month, according to police reports accessed by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Both of those charges are felonies. 

Early on Thursday afternoon, the Timberwolves released a statement which read, "We are aware of the charges involving Malik Beasley. We take these allegations seriously and will let the legal process run its course." Beasley's defense attorneys also made a statement, which read "we are cooperating with the law enforcement investigation and will carefully review the discovery in the coming days."

Per the complaint filed against Beasley, a family was stopped in an SUV outside his home, when he threatened them with a gun. When the police arrived, they found a large amount of marijuana in his home. Via the Star Tribune:

A couple was on the annual Parade of Homes tour on Sept. 26 with their 13-year-old child and pulled up in an SUV to the home Beasley and Yao rent but saw it was roped off. While pulled over to look up another home to visit, Beasley tapped on the vehicle's window and pointed a rifle at them.

"Get the [expletive] off my property!" Beasley said.

Beasley continued to train his "all-black assault rifle with a forehand grip" and a scope at the SUV as it drove off, the criminal complaint read.

Officers detected an overwhelming odor of marijuana and soon located more than 1¾ pounds of the drug in the basement living room and main floor office. Next to the stash was a notebook with instructions on how to smoke the drug.

Beasley was arrested following the incident, but was released the same day. His girlfriend, Montana Yao, was also charged with a felony drug count.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/timberwolves-malik-beasley-faces-multiple-charges-after-allegedly-aiming-a-gun-at-a-family-outside-his-home/

58 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

There's no Vuch hate, only trying to putting things in the right perspective (that is surely not the Gasol/Jokic/AD hemisphere) because it's years that we heard about that great trade value that he supposely has, but in the end we're always here waiting for a great package that never shows. That (understandable) tendency of overvuling our team players.

And yes, yesterday I was absolutely serious. You could be right that Vuc has been our most consistent player after D12 (he has also been the only one always there) and that's just tell how poor is the recent history of our franchise, unfortunately. He has been our first all star, in all those years, even if he has been our offensive focus most of the time... we're talking about All-Star, not first team NBA...

He has made a great playoff against Milwaukee, yes it's true, but that was more because the Bucks strategy was to let him going, while stooping everyone else. Previous year, Toronto strategy was stopping him, and he had one of the most woeful playoff appeareance that I rememeber. Again, just trying to put things in the right perspective, not hating.

2 years ago was also his first playoff. It is not easy to make the an allstar. Vuch is also a great rebounder. I stand by the poor Paul gasel comp. 

I didn't realize Malik had issues.  Anyhow we need bench help, they have a few extra players we could  get for future second round picks. 

Weltham is gonna be on the radio at 8:30 am. Tune in to 740 or 96.9.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

I didn't realize Malik had issues.  Anyhow we need bench help, they have a few extra players we could  get for future second round picks. 

Weltham is gonna be on the radio at 8:30 am. Tune in to 740 or 96.9.

Interesting, it seems like Anthony was really high up their draft board, but they didn't think he would still be available. 

Unless trades or major FA signing happen in the next few days, I expect Cliffords opening day starting lineup to be:

Fultz 

Evan 

AG

Aminu 

Vuch  

With Ross being first sub off the bench for AG, so AG ca man second unit  

The second unit will be:

Cole 

T-Ross 

AG

Chuma 

Bamba  

i expect the end of game lineup to be: 

Fultz 

Evan 

Ross

AG

Vuch 

Saw that Cole Anthony is good friend with Bamba. Hopefully he'll help Bamba rev-up his "motor" and maximize his skills.

I've also read that during this past season, he had some injury problems. Together with UNC team around him being not very good, these are the main reasons pointed out to justify his drop in the draft predictions along the past months. Does anybody knows if he is fully recovered now and ready for trainning camp?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayMac said:

Saw that Cole Anthony is good friend with Bamba. Hopefully he'll help Bamba rev-up his "motor" and maximize his skills.

I've also read that during this past season, he had some injury problems. Together with UNC team around him being not very good, these are the main reasons pointed out to justify his drop in the draft predictions along the past months. Does anybody knows if he is fully recovered now and ready for trainning camp?

He's fully recovered. Apparently looked better than ever in workouts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Unless trades or major FA signing happen in the next few days, I expect Cliffords opening day starting lineup to be:

Fultz 

Evan 

AG

Aminu 

Vuch  

With Ross being first sub off the bench for AG, so AG ca man second unit  

The second unit will be:

Cole 

T-Ross 

AG

Chuma 

Bamba  

i expect the end of game lineup to be: 

Fultz 

Evan 

Ross

AG

Vuch 

I think (and hope) AG will be playing a lot more at his natural PF position, so I hope I don't see your starting line-up. I think a lot will depend on whether Okeke is truly a SF or a PF. Part of the reason I was a bit disappointed when Ennis opted out. I was thinking that if he opted in, we probably would only keep one of Iwundu/Clark; so now that seems more up in the air. I think the odds on retaining Iwundu went up, and I could actually see him starting at the SF. I also think Clark might stick if Ennis isn't re-signed.

Starting lineup - Fultz/Fournier/Iwundu/Gordon/Vucevic

Primary backups - Anthony/Ross/Okeke/Aminu/Bamba or possibly Anthony/MCW/Ross/Okeke/Bamba

I think your close out the game lineup is probably correct, barring major FA signing or trade.

That leaves your end of bench guys being Clark, Birch, Isaac(i), and possibly leaving a roster space open, in case of injury. If neither Okeke or Clark can play the SF, I think you will see us play more "three guard" lineups with Fournier and/or Ross sliding over to SF a lot again. Depth chart would probably look like this:

Fultz/Anthony/MCW

Fournier/Ross/(MCW)

Iwundu/Okeke/Isaac(i)

Gordon/Aminu/Clark

Vucevic/Bamba/Birch

38 minutes ago, JayMac said:

He is healthy now. He should also be stronger this year.

18 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I think (and hope) AG will be playing a lot more at his natural PF position, so I hope I don't see your starting line-up. I think a lot will depend on whether Okeke is truly a SF or a PF. Part of the reason I was a bit disappointed when Ennis opted out. I was thinking that if he opted in, we probably would only keep one of Iwundu/Clark; so now that seems more up in the air. I think the odds on retaining Iwundu went up, and I could actually see him starting at the SF. I also think Clark might stick if Ennis isn't re-signed.

Starting lineup - Fultz/Fournier/Iwundu/Gordon/Vucevic

Primary backups - Anthony/Ross/Okeke/Aminu/Bamba or possibly Anthony/MCW/Ross/Okeke/Bamba

I think your close out the game lineup is probably correct, barring major FA signing or trade.

That leaves your end of bench guys being Clark, Birch, Isaac(i), and possibly leaving a roster space open, in case of injury. If neither Okeke or Clark can play the SF, I think you will see us play more "three guard" lineups with Fournier and/or Ross sliding over to SF a lot again. Depth chart would probably look like this:

Fultz/Anthony/MCW

Fournier/Ross/(MCW)

Iwundu/Okeke/Isaac(i)

Gordon/Aminu/Clark

Vucevic/Bamba/Birch

I am looking to see if okeke starts sooner than later. Aminu looked bad last year.  Okeke was also around the team a lot, so I'm thinking his learning curve should be a little shorter.