Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Now that Bogdanovic was dealt I don’t see them moving Hield

Deal not done yet. Bogdanovic did not agree. 

13 hours ago, LaVar said:

I see vuch impacting a team like Paul Gasol. Skilled big men value is starting to rise again after the bubble with ad and joker showing there importance. 

You are comparing Vooch to Gasol?  Please stop!  It's embarrassing 

23 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

You are comparing Vooch to Gasol?  Please stop!  It's embarrassing 

Skilled big that can pass, shot and post. Poor man version but yes. Not sure why there is a lot of vuc hate, but he was our first allstar in around 9 years (I believe).

15 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I can say with almost 100 percent certainty Fournier is not going to be moved this off-season

What makes you say that?

8 hours ago, LaVar said:

Skilled big that can pass, shot and post. Poor man version but yes. Not sure why there is a lot of vuc hate, but he was our first allstar in around 9 years (I believe).

There's no Vuch hate, only trying to putting things in the right perspective (that is surely not the Gasol/Jokic/AD hemisphere) because it's years that we heard about that great trade value that he supposely has, but in the end we're always here waiting for a great package that never shows. That (understandable) tendency of overvuling our team players.

And yes, yesterday I was absolutely serious. You could be right that Vuc has been our most consistent player after D12 (he has also been the only one always there) and that's just tell how poor is the recent history of our franchise, unfortunately. He has been our first all star, in all those years, even if he has been our offensive focus most of the time... we're talking about All-Star, not first team NBA...

He has made a great playoff against Milwaukee, yes it's true, but that was more because the Bucks strategy was to let him going, while stooping everyone else. Previous year, Toronto strategy was stopping him, and he had one of the most woeful playoff appeareance that I rememeber. Again, just trying to put things in the right perspective, not hating.

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

If we had vision this is 100% what we should do. Take advantage of other teams panic. Evan fits right into that trade exemption. I understand why Jason is saying it won't happen.

It's just a Magic thing now, we expect them to do the bare minimum and be complacent. 

https://tradenba.com/trades/Qzjxy-kMt

I'm not a cap guru, but I think the Warriors are already in cap hell, and even if they have the trade exception, I'm not sure that they're willing to (or could) add salaries without receiving anything back (especially for a player that doesn't move their needle). Their owner is also going to pay a lot of luxury tax in the future.

If you think about it, during these drafts our gm has really only chosen the safest picks. This is draft number 3 right?  Isaac, Bamba and now Cole. 3 years reading mocks and pre draft articles and we pretty much drafted the consensus players the media said we would. For a guy famous for picking Giannis he is very predictable.

29 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

OK the Wolves drafted 2 guards and made a trade to bring Rubio back! I smell opportunity, they have about 8 wings now. Get on the phone Weltham.

Malik Beasley?