Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

10 hours ago, LaVar said:

Are you talking about Westbrook and Paul George? If so they are more than bad contracts 

No, I was talking about moving Westbrook for Paul and getting assets, and then moving Paul again and getting others. But again, it was just an example, nothing is impossible if you explore the trade market and you're proactive, we've seen worst contracts traded in the past.

Big overpay for Holiday, and that's another thing FO should always look on.. teams that need to win now, always have to overpay.

Well the last 24 hours have completely changed my mind. Let's ship off Vucevic to the Warriors. Let's get that number 2 pick. Trade anyone while teams are giving away first round picks like candy. Jonathan Isaac is gonna need a year to heal and in my mind he was the only Magician with superstar potential. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

What an overpay for Holiday. I guess you guys who thought we could get  the number 2  and next years number 1 for Vucevic were right. Holy crap!

I saw a rumour on Twitter which was almost certainly a load of crap (no name guy claiming to have sources and it's since been deleted) but it was essentially that the Knicks wanted to trade for Vuc to pair with a Westbrook trade and was a deal centered on Mitchell Robinson + #8 for Vuc. I'm not sure we'd do just that and I'm not sure the Knicks would do more than that but I thought it was fun to play around in the trade machine with. 

And yea if Robert Covington gets you an expiring and 2 1st round picks I'd want a lot more value for Vuc in any deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Well the last 24 hours have completely changed my mind. Let's ship off Vucevic to the Warriors. Let's get that number 2 pick. Trade anyone while teams are giving away first round picks like candy. Jonathan Isaac is gonna need a year to heal and in my mind he was the only Magician with superstar potential. 

Absolutely! MIL overpaid for Jrue but IMO, they are in a position that they have to go for it. They are doing what they can to show to Giannis they are committed and to convince him to sign the extension, so hats off for them.

With that, I can see other teams with high aspirations, in the East (namely MIA, BOS, TOR, BKN) but not only (GSW, MIN), will get pressed to make moves also to improve their roster and show their stars that they have no reason to leave. And I am hopeful we can take some advantage from that.

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I saw a rumour on Twitter which was almost certainly a load of crap (no name guy claiming to have sources and it's since been deleted) but it was essentially that the Knicks wanted to trade for Vuc to pair with a Westbrook trade and was a deal centered on Mitchell Robinson + #8 for Vuc. I'm not sure we'd do just that and I'm not sure the Knicks would do more than that but I thought it was fun to play around in the trade machine with. 

And yea if Robert Covington gets you an expiring and 2 1st round picks I'd want a lot more for Vuc in any deal. 

That would be interesting in case they add their 2021 1st round pick! :)

And that RoCo deal also gives a benchmark for what AG should be valued, as a minimum.

What madness. Vooch has got to be worth a sweet price at this point. Several teams now need to reload to keep up with the arms race.

The teams that immediately come to mind are Boston and GS. Both need a legit center.

Reflecting on the moves by the Bucks, I really believe they are panic driven and shortsighted. Yes, they have a more balanced starting five but will now be unable to have any bench. Additionally, I still see them struggling against the Heat, Celtics, Nets, Lakers, Clips and Dubs. We shall see.

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Reflecting on the moves by the Bucks, I really believe they are panic driven and shortsighted. Yes, they have a more balanced starting five but will now be unable to have any bench. Additionally, I still see them struggling against the Heat, Celtics, Nets, Lakers, Clips and Dubs. We shall see.

I don't think they had a choice if they wanted Giannis to stay.  Maybe they'll get some ring chasing vets to sign minimum contracts.

They'll one hundred percent get 2 or 3 ring chasing vets that make capable 7-10th men. They'll also probably buy a 2nd rounder or two and roster those guys on the end of the bench at less than a mil a season to save some room.

Just had a thought that dumping Khem Birch would probably be a quick way to a little bit more cap wiggle room if we need it. We could probably dump him for a future 2nd at most, someone might just take him without compensation to be honest since he's cheap and capable.