Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

17 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Anyhow it's official, get ready for a fun day tomorrow. Players can opt in or out and trades can happen starting Monday.

Edit.

I still think the most likely trade partners for Gordon are Suns, Wolves or Nets.

Nets want a bigger fish so i doubt it.

Suns would be smart to get Gordon, but only if they miss out on Chris Paul. 

Wolves would never trade us the number one pick. If we did a trade with them it would be for the 17th pick and probably a young guard. If they do draft Edwards number one they have too many young guards. Would be a natural trade for us. Either a S&T for Beasley or if they are keeping Malik then James Johnson and one of the youngsters. Okogie, Evans, Culver or possibly Spellman for depth. Culver was awful last year. Him and Okogie can't shoot but are young enough to turn it around. Evans can shoot and has the right size for a shooting guard but is more then likely a bench player if he sticks in the league. Spellman also was average but looked ok on the warriors.

Is it confirmed that tomorrow is the date also for contract opt-ins and outs?

About a possible AG trade, looks like MIN is into it. I hope GSW joins the party, whether it is for him, for Vooch, or both.

Schroeder to the Lakers for the deal involving the Lakers 28th pick. OKC going complete teardown. I don’t want either, for the record, but if we have to have one of CP3 or Russ, give me CP3 every time 

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Is anybody else really sad about the possibility of trading AG or should I just sit alone in my feelings?

I'm very sad about it. I love watching AG play even despite his flaws. 

• Like 1

Trades can start at 12pm ET on Monday. 

EDIT: and apparently the deadline for team/player options is Thursday at 3pm ET - the day after the draft.

Of course it is not easy to see a guy like him leave but being pragmatic, he is going for his 7th season in the league and his game is stagnant (if not worst) since the 2017/18 season. During the last 2 seasons, he had plenty of time to raise his game, as he played in what it is believed to be his best position (PF) due to the unfortunate injuries of Isaac. Moreover, I got a bit disappointed with him on the 2nd half of last season when it looked that all he cared about was a freacking slam dunk contest, instead of focusing on the game and try to improve and help his team...

So yes, not happy but would not be "very very sad" if he gets traded (for a fair return, of course).

• Upvote 1

Honestly, if we make a deal to move up in the draft, I hope it’s somebody buying high on Bamba’s ceiling. But, I completely understand the appeal of taking the season “off” especially with how loaded next years draft is

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Could see something around AG for Dinwiddie happening

Yeah... AG playing the 3/4 spot next to KD would be sexy to watch. AG playing the cutting, defense, athleticism and rebounding role he’s meant for will be sexy to watch

35 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Is anybody else really sad about the possibility of trading AG or should I just sit alone in my feelings?

Same. I wish we could have fielded a team that actually maximized him, but it seems that window may have passed 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I'm with you totally. I'll be sad to see him go and i hope he reaches maximum potential for his career