Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Listening to the Lowe-Clark podcast and I’m getting so depressed about all of our whiffs.

Elfrid Payton hahahaa what a time to be alive 

Yeah lol. Like I said it is probably cathartic for a magic fan like Clark to be able to air his grievances about it. But for everyone else it is not fun

So I know that the Draft is set for the 18th, free agency opens the 20th, and new free agents contracts can be signed the 22nd. I still haven't seen anything, and haven't been able to find on-line when players have to opt-in or out of their player options; or when teams have to exercise their team options. Has anyone else seen any concrete info on those? It would be nice to know if Fournier and Ennis opted in, and if the team is keeping or releasing Frazier. I would think those moves would make a big difference in draft and/or free agency planning. Granted, I expect the team has already made their decision about Frazier, whether they have announced it or not. (I personally expect him to be gone, but who knows.) 

15 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I think i saw a WoJ bomb that said it was the 17th

I don't think it is before the draft. I think the draft is Wednesday the 18th. Not sure of opt in date is though. I thought same as free agency.

We’re apprently 3:1 betting odds on being the next team for Russell Westbrook, 2nd highest behind the Knicks. Nothing about trading for him makes sense so I really hope it’s just bad speculation and nobody with any knowledge thinks it’s going to happen.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

If Dinwiddie is available for trade we should jump on it 

I've wanted that guy for 3 freaking years. 

Also here is the Woj tweet.

7 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Talks on opening the NBA’s transaction window — trades, contract opt-ins and outs, etc. — are progressing toward firming a date two or three days prior to the November 18 draft, sources tell ESPN. 

Great. If Evan opts in early, we could trade him on draft day.

13 hours ago, LaVar said:

Talks on opening the NBA’s transaction window — trades, contract opt-ins and outs, etc. — are progressing toward firming a date two or three days prior to the November 18 draft, sources tell ESPN. 

Great. If Evan opts in early, we could trade him on draft day.

I'm still worried about him buying a house here. I see a 4 year 60 million dollar contract from the Magic. Not saying i want this but i could see it happening.

23 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I'm still worried about him buying a house here. I see a 4 year 60 million dollar contract from the Magic. Not saying i want this but i could see it happening.

good  point. It does hint at backroom talks and discussions. NBA players do make enough money to have multiple houses though. 

Anyhow it's official, get ready for a fun day tomorrow. Players can opt in or out and trades can happen starting Monday.

Edit.

I still think the most likely trade partners for Gordon are Suns, Wolves or Nets.

Nets want a bigger fish so i doubt it.

Suns would be smart to get Gordon, but only if they miss out on Chris Paul. 

Wolves would never trade us the number one pick. If we did a trade with them it would be for the 17th pick and probably a young guard. If they do draft Edwards number one they have too many young guards. Would be a natural trade for us. Either a S&T for Beasley or if they are keeping Malik then James Johnson and one of the youngsters. Okogie, Evans, Culver or possibly Spellman for depth. Culver was awful last year. Him and Okogie can't shoot but are young enough to turn it around. Evans can shoot and has the right size for a shooting guard but is more then likely a bench player if he sticks in the league. Spellman also was average but looked ok on the warriors.