Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

Zach Lowe apparently has a large discussion about us on an upcoming podcast. His tweet suggests it comes with a discussion about trading for Westbrook so it will probably make me want to tear my hair out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Zach Lowe apparently has a large discussion about us on an upcoming podcast. His tweet suggests it comes with a discussion about trading for Westbrook so it will probably make me want to tear my hair out.

Loool

Fantasy Basketball might be here in the blink of an eye, with a chaotic season! Can’t wait

12 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Loool

Fantasy Basketball might be here in the blink of an eye, with a chaotic season! Can’t wait

Was meaning to ask you if you knew what was going on with the league? I remembered to set my Keepers before the deadline but I imagine some might not have.

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Was meaning to ask you if you knew what was going on with the league? I remembered to set my Keepers before the deadline but I imagine some might not have.

I’ll look into it in the following days. I think ESPN was waiting for the schedule to be released for us to be able to make changes to the keeper date and draft date

16 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I expect a ton of trades over the next week. There is so much chatter. I love it!

It's mad. This next 3 weeks is going to be a whirlwind of trades, the draft and free agency and I can't wait.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Spoiler alert: The talk immediately begins with Kevin Clark saying he wants Westbrook in Orlando 

19 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Spoiler alert: The talk immediately begins with Kevin Clark saying he wants Westbrook in Orlando 

Isn't he primarily an NFL guy? 

31 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Is it worth the listen or just click bait?

40 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Isn't he primarily an NFL guy? 

Yeah, but he is also probably the most prominent, vocal magic fan in sports media, which is why Zach had him on.

28 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Is it worth the listen or just click bait?

I would say give it a pass. While it was probably cathartic for Clark, most of their talk was about the nonsensical nature of the rebuild since the Dwight trade.

His whole thing with Westbrook was “the Magic have been waiting for a disgruntled superstar, and here one is”. Which makes sense if you think he is still a superstar. The one compelling thing they brought up about it was his potential as a Jimmy Butler for the Heat - that his attitude kind of catalyzes and unlocks the rest of the team. 

They only briefly spoke about where the current Magic go from here, and all of that was blow it up rebuild talk.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Before anyone suggests a trade for Westbrook can I just say he's a 32 year old, athleticism based guard who's owed $130m over the next 3 years. 

Also, he doesn't fit our other players time lines