Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fact check what? You asked a question and I answered it.

The thing you have to remember is we're not talking about pick 15 Vs pick 2 in a random draft. Obviously knowing nothing about the draft class I would never say "pick 15 can get you a comparable player to pick 2" but given I know a lot about the draft class I feel comfortable saying that. 

I was just teasing about the Fact Check... Many people say this draft is weak, but you still have a chance of drafting a great player regardless of the opinion of the weakness of the draft.

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Pels reportedly open to trading Jrue 

Not totally unexpected but certainly interesting. Although, I would take any rumours involving us with a pinch of salt as I don't see a trade that is fair for both sides.

I doubt they are interested in AG (I may be very wrong though).

Doing Jrue for Fournier+Aminu would be too good for us.

A direct swap Vuc for Jrue would be too good for them, unless they add future pick (2021) which I don't expect them to do...

6 hours ago, JayMac said:

A direct swap Vuc for Jrue would be too good for them, unless they add future pick (2021) which I don't expect them to do.

I would do that in a heartbeat and without the pick if needed, especially cap wise, one year less of contract+player option.

But I think Jrue will be more interesting for contenders, and he would be more happy too if he can fight for a title, something we can't offer.

The Orlando Magic have long searched for a consistent, All-Star level point guard. In the aftermath of a season that saw D.J. Augustin and Markelle Fultz hold most of the minutes at the position, it’s fair to say that search is still ongoing.

This offseason, however, may be their best chance to make a big move. With so many teams on the verge of major roster changes, the opportunity is there for the Magic to step in and acquire a big-name player.

Among their most interesting options is Russell Westbrook, a star whose future in Houston has grown increasingly uncertain over the past few weeks. With a trade package that includes Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier, and Mo Bamba, it might just be enough to make something happen.

Nikola Vucevic has been their loyal All-Star for years now, and his play has been huge in keeping the team in respectable standing these past few years. To pair him with Russell Westbrook would likely move the team up a rung in the Eastern Conference.

Westbrook, even with all his flaws, is an extremely versatile player, especially on the offensive end. He averaged over 27 points per game in 2020, along with 7 rebounds and 7 assists. His interior attack, athleticism, and speed make him one of the hardest players in basketball to stop.

The duo would, theoretically, be surrounded by decent role players like Jonathan Isaac, Markelle Fultz, and Terrence Ross. AT the very least, they’d be an instant lock for the postseason.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/11/04/nba-rumors-orlando-magic-could-land-russell-westbrook-for-3-players/

please god no

Trading for Westbrook would be the most insane thing (I don't think there's any chance we do it) because it'd be both really terrible and chaotically exciting.

It seems like today or tomorrow we might get the news that the league starts on Dec 22nd and Dec 1st will be the start of training camp. Which means the two ish weeks from the draft on Nov 18th to the start of training camp are going to be wild. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It seems like today or tomorrow we might get the news that the league starts on Dec 22nd and Dec 1st will be the start of training camp. Which means the two ish weeks from the draft on Nov 18th to the start of training camp are going to be wild. 

That’s insane! Any word on if it’s gonna be back to normal games at home arenas or trying to build another bubble? I guess right now if the goal is to be back up in running in a month it pretty much rules out another bubble.

It’s crazy, the pandemic numbers are significantly worse here than they were during the first shutdown. I didn’t expect the league to risk rushing back, especially after doing so much to protect their players to finish last season, but I guess money talks louder than anything else.