Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

I don't know about possible trades, I don't know how many risks the management is going to take, what I know now it's that everything is so similar to last season, included the 1-0 to 1-4 series.

Last season we had high hopes with Isaac, and next season will be sadly without him. We had wishful thinking about Fultz, and now we know he's at least able to play a lot of games without setbacks. The next step is on him now.

Realistically, I’m not sure GS would take AG or Vooch for their #2 (and expirings of some sort). I’d personally trade either of them for that deal. Now if GS wants to get off the Wiggins contract, they’ll have to do a lot better than just #2. 

14 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Realistically, I’m not sure GS would take AG or Vooch for their #2 (and expirings of some sort). I’d personally trade either of them for that deal. Now if GS wants to get off the Wiggins contract, they’ll have to do a lot better than just #2. 

I remember when people were saying we have to tank so we can get Wiggins who will immediately propel us back into contention.  Now apparently you have to pay to get rid of him.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I remember when people were saying we have to tank so we can get Wiggins who will immediately propel us back into contention.  Now apparently you have to pay to get rid of him.  

Yeah we'll he sounds good in theory, 20 plus point per game scorer, great size and athleticism. It's almost one of the most interesting things i want to see next season.

Can the Warriors culture change this kid. It's just easier to understand that at some point somebody is going to get traded from that team. 

13 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Wiggins has been the most disappointing prospect of the past 10 years relative to hype. He had all the tools, long, hyper athletic, showed a lot of promise as a handler and shooter, his dad was a pro which is usually a positive indicator. I just don't think he had the motor or mentality to be a star. That had already started to become evident during his one year at Kansas but by then the hype combined with Embiids injury was enough for him to get drafted #1 overall.

To be clear he's still an above average NBA wing player it's just you don't want to pay that guy a max contract.

Next for the Indiana Pacers: New coach, decisions on Victor Oladipo and T.J. Warren

On Wednesday, the Pacers fired head coach Nate McMillan after four seasons and Indiana's fourth straight first-round playoff exit.

The attention now shifts to hiring a new coach as well as the future of two key players: Victor Oladipo and T.J. Warren.

Bring Oladipo back! 

SF -TJ Warren also is a very good scorer:        2019-20 SEASON STATS   

PTS           REB          AST          PER

19.8         4.2         1.5        18.45

30th        132        150+      55th

Warren's hot hand sends Pacers past Magic for 3rd straight

T.J. Warren scored 32 points, tying Jermaine O'Neal's franchise record for most in a three-game span, to send the Indiana Pacers past the Orlando Magic 120-109 on Tuesday for their third consecutive victory.

Link:   https://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=401224734

I agree that Wiggins has been a disappointment and that his contract is a negative one, but now he's a great possibility to find his real role and blossom together with the Splash Brothers + Green + whatever else they get from their pick and their second lines. I've honestly liked their move, he's a way better fit than Russell. Could be a great season again for GS if everythings works well and they're healthy.

• Like 1

I've been hyped about Okeke for a while. I think a healthy Okeke coming off the season he had before he came out would have been a top 10 prospect in this draft. I think he was more than worth the pick at 16 last year and waiting for him this year might wind up paying off in a big way. 

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I agree that Wiggins has been a disappointment and that his contract is a negative one, but now he's a great possibility to find his real role and blossom together with the Splash Brothers + Green + whatever else they get from their pick and their second lines. I've honestly liked their move, he's a way better fit than Russell. Could be a great season again for GS if everythings works well and they're healthy.

Agreed