Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

Best case scenario he opts in and we trade him during the season. His expiring contract would be valuable.

Or he just opts out and leaves.

7 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Best case scenario he opts in and we trade him during the season. His expiring contract would be valuable.

Or he just opts out and leaves.

Unfortunately, we'll have the worst case scenario, with Fournier opting him, and then next offseason FO will offer him an extension to match his contract with the one of his buddy Vuc! :P

On the Gordon thing, clearly his trade value doesn't change because he was injured, but I would hope that this is true, because I don't want him to be traded.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Unfortunately, we'll have the worst case scenario, with Fournier opting him, and then next offseason FO will offer him an extension to match his contract with the one of his buddy Vuc! :P

On the Gordon thing, clearly his trade value doesn't change because he was injured, but I would hope that this is true, because I don't want him to be traded.

how about AG and our 2020 #15 for the 2020 #2 pick and the wolves top 3 protected 2021?  James Johnson's contract would be an expiring assuming he opts in (can't imagine he wouldn't)

The Warriors are still holding a $17.2 million trade exception from last summer's Andre Iguodala deal. That's their ticket to expanding the roster with a win-now addition, and it's enough to afford some interesting players, like Rudy Gay, Evan Fournier or Kelly Olynyk. But, since the exception can't be packaged with a player, it's not quite enough to deliver the Dubs' dream targets: Aaron Gordon or Myles Turner.

With some cap creativity, though, Golden State can get there. By converting the exception into Johnson (and an early second-rounder as an added bonus), the Warriors can then use his salary to find the wiggle room needed to chase Gordon or Turner. The former offers loads of defensive versatility and explosive finishing at the basket. The latter adds shot-blocking without sacrificing spacing.

While the Warriors have trade assets (namely, the No. 2 pick in this draft and the Timberwolves' top-three protected 2021 first-rounder), they need to be paired with a big salary to increase their buying power. Johnson's pact could be the perfect way to scratch that itch.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2906488-surprising-offseason-trades-for-nba-lottery-teams

So your saying the Warriors are going to trade two number one picks, and all we have to do is pick up an expiring contract.....who will play next year and isn't injured?

Magic front office couldn't sign off on this trade fast enough.  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Had to edit, after reading this article you misunderstand. 

If it did happen, The Warriors would keep this years pick and trade next years T-wolves pick and Johnson for help. which i could see them doing.

Next years Wolves pick could be anywhere, but i would guess late lottery.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

So your saying the Warriors are going to trade two number one picks, and all we have to do is pick up an expiring contract.....who will play next year and isn't injured?

Magic front office couldn't sign off on this trade fast enough.  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Had to edit, after reading this article you misunderstand. 

If it did happen, The Warriors would keep this years pick and trade next years T-wolves pick and Johnson for help. which i could see them doing.

Next years Wolves pick could be anywhere, but i would guess late lottery.

Next year, the Warriors salary will be about $149M plus another $10M for the #2 pick.  If they use their trade exception, they will be adding another $17M.  That brings them to $186M.

The luxury tax threshold is projected to be $139M, putting the Warriors over by $47M.  The luxury tax penalty is $3.25 times $47M, or $153M.  I doubt they keep the #2 pick and use their trade exception.  GS would save about $20M swapping pick 2 with pick 15.

I'm not saying GS would agree to the deal, but it's where we should begin negotiations.  GS championship window is starting to close, with Curry, Thompson, and Green all at least 30 next season.  They need to go all in now.

Exactly the reason why, if they trade it will most likely include either Draymonds or Wiggins salary. And if they are smart it will be multiple players instead of one big contract.

Which puts us in the mix, with either Evan,Gordon or even Vucevic. Gordon's and Vucevic's contracts get lower each year and Fourniers would be an expiring helping their cap in the future. I could see us as a 3rd team enabling them to get off Wiggins contract while getting cost controlled pieces. I like that you noticed that they might not want to pay a rookie all that money. Better to trade that contract for a veteran if it's the right one.

If I had to choose between #2 this year or an unprotected 2021 pick I'm taking that 2021 pick every time. Ideally I'd want both though if I'm giving up on AG. Warriors window is short. They need AG more than we need to give him up. And if I have to take back Wiggins I want far more. 

I was playing around on the trade machine where we took on Wiggins but flipped him to Dallas for Tim Hardaway and Delon Wright. I think that could work out for both sides. Unless Dallas thinks they have a real shot at Giannis and then they'd never do it.

Afernee1 (Hardawayistheman), you can't go and register another email and username to access the site. Thanks for your understanding. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

If I had to choose between #2 this year or an unprotected 2021 pick I'm taking that 2021 pick every time. Ideally I'd want both though if I'm giving up on AG. Warriors window is short. They need AG more than we need to give him up. And if I have to take back Wiggins I want far more. 

I was playing around on the trade machine where we took on Wiggins but flipped him to Dallas for Tim Hardaway and Delon Wright. I think that could work out for both sides. Unless Dallas thinks they have a real shot at Giannis and then they'd never do it.

The Warriors hold their own pick this year, which is number 2. They have Minnesota's top 3 protected pick for next year.

23 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

The Warriors hold their own pick this year, which is number 2. They have Minnesota's top 3 protected pick for next year.

I know.