Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Philly wouldn't do that in a million years. 

Why? Simmons and Embiid do not fit together. I think Embiid will ask for a trade this offseason. In this trade they get an All Star in Vuc and get ride of Horfords contract (I would also include our 1rd Draftpick from this year if necessary). A starting five of Simmons, Richardson, Fournier, Harris and Vuc isn‘t that bad for PHI.

22 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Get rid of Evan and mo and the coach and I really don’t care how. 

I guess I would not mind getting rid of Clifford, he is not good and has a losing record

50 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

Why? Simmons and Embiid do not fit together. I think Embiid will ask for a trade this offseason. In this trade they get an All Star in Vuc and get ride of Horfords contract (I would also include our 1rd Draftpick from this year if necessary). A starting five of Simmons, Richardson, Fournier, Harris and Vuc isn‘t that bad.

I do not want Simmons, he is overrated 

• Downvote 1

Fournier, Harris and Vuc?  Maybe Simmons makes it all work, but we've seen that before and it was pretty bad.  Orlando made them all very rich and I could never figure out why they weren't traded BEFORE they had to be resigned.

Speaking of pretty bad, we've seen the current product and running it back again seems pointless... especially with Isaac's season next year in flux.

If I'm GM I'm telling Fournier: (1) Vuc is on his way out; and (2) I'd love for you to opt in so I can deal you for assets, but you and Vuc deserve respect so gauge your market and decide whether you want to cut your own deal or make $17 million and get the Magic assets. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Who are some young players we should target this summer in trades?

Malik Beasley sign and trade maybe? Although that might cost us some serious salary and assets. 

Maybe try and buy low on a guy who's underwhelmed on his rookie deal so far or will struggle to get minutes on the team he's on like Justin Jackson, Anfernee Simons, Josh Hart, Georges Niang. 

Or try and see if any guy coming off his rookie deal who underwhelmed could be had on the cheap: Denzel Valentine or Timothe Luwawau-Cabarrot come to mind.

Just small moves that cost very little and might pay off by getting us a real quality roleplayer.