Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

12 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Assuming Fournier opts in, he will hold good value as a solid role player on an expiring contract.

I agree he has value, as Vuch had when he was an expiring on a cheap contract. Problem is not only the value, but the willingness to make some moves, that it's not the best quality of the new FO until now. Hope they'll change their point of view this offseason, but as previously stated, it will be a difficult market, we have no space and the salary cap is going to decrease and that will be a concern for every franchise.

14 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Assuming Fournier opts in, he will hold good value as a solid role player on an expiring contract.

He does not have any value or he would have been traded years ago

• Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, Anfernee1 said:

He does not have any value or he would have been traded years ago

This is just not true no matter how many times you say it.

• Upvote 2

Fournier will be one of the most interesting free agents in the NBA this offseason. He’s averaging 18.5 points on 46.7 percent shooting, 3.2 assists, and 1.1 steals per game this season. A multi-dimensional 6-foot-7 wing with an elite 3-point shot (39.9 percent on 6.6 attempts per game) would normally get paid in free agency. But there’s nothing normal about 2020.

This series is Fournier’s chance to put himself on the map while also putting the Magic in a tough spot. They paid Nikola Vucevic and Terrence Ross last summer. How much can they invest in a team that seems stuck in the middle of the East? They don’t want a repeat of what happened with Nic Batum in Charlotte.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/8/17/21372072/nba-playoffs-lineups-preview

19 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I also thought that last year -- then we didn't do anything with him when it seemed clear he was opting out. They were willing to lose him for nothing. They definitley lucked out that COVID changed that plan. Got it really irks me that this FO seemingly does the bare minimum every year. 

15 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I'm fairly convinced at this point that if anything was going to stop us from staying the course it would be how things have gone with Judah this year.

How depressing.

Last summer I was pretty much willing to put up with anything to see how Isaac developed. Now...

Did you mean Jonah? Jonah is usually associated with bad luck/things going wrong, whereas Judah is usually associated with a traitor. Just wanting to clarify.

8 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Did you mean Jonah? Jonah is usually associated with bad luck/things going wrong, whereas Judah is usually associated with a traitor. Just wanting to clarify.

I think he is for some reason referring to Isaac by his middle name

What do people think of Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot? I think he is UFA next year but not sure if it is after the season ends or the start of 2021. He can shoot the ball reasonably well just not sure of his defense. 

7 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

What do people think of Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot? I think he is UFA next year but not sure if it is after the season ends or the start of 2021. He can shoot the ball reasonably well just not sure of his defense. 

He is under contract next year for 1.8M.