Magicman28

Covid-19

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Just figured I’d make one

Thanks Magicman28. I think it was the right thing to do because conversations about covid-19 were being posted in the basketball thread about the Magic.

50 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Thanks Magicman28. I think it was the right thing to do because conversations about covid-19 were being posted in the basketball thread about the Magic.

Agree.

POTUS just extended this for 30 more days.

Evan Fournier Defends Gobert, Criticizes Coronavirus Coverage

Evan Fournier, who is Gobert’s teammate on the French national team, believes the big man has been treated unfairly since that positive test and isn’t thrilled with how NBA media has covered the pandemic.

“It hurts me, he became the face of the virus in the NBA,” Fournier told L’Equipe (h/t Sportando). “The behavior of people and journalists has been disgusting.

“I don’t understand (revealing) the names of the sick: it looks like the transfer window when it’s the scoop race. It was a coronavirus free agency, unbearable. You can say a guy is sick without naming him… Philadelphia and the Lakers have cases and we don’t know who they are.”

Fournier noted that it was just that, a joke, and added that it was easier to blame him as a foreigner: “It’s typically the thing where we’re going to blame the stranger. He’s European so he brought the virus back? When we don’t know. Who says it was not Donovan Mitchell who infected him? The environment is unhealthy, not helped by what Donald Trump says. The joke with the microphones was a joke where no one had realized the magnitude of the thing. It’s easy to point the finger a posteriori. I could have made the same joke.”

It didn’t help Gobert’s case that he joked around by touching microphones and other items in his vicinity a few days before the positive coronavirus test.

Links:  https://clutchpoints.com/coronavirus-news-evan-fournier-defends-rudy-gobert-after-report-of-recklessness-in-jazz-locker-room/

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/proa/1042136/fournier-defends-gobert-the-behavior-of-people-and-journalists-has-been-disgusting/