1. 1. Who do you want draft day 2013?

• Shabazz Muhammad
    • Ben McLemore
    • Nerlens Noel
    • Marcus Smart
    • Anthony Bennett
    • Michael Carter-Williams
    • Another Player not Listed
  2. 2. Do you think Marcus Smart fits in O Town?

Smarts's new scouting video came out this last week, so I wanted to hear the thoughts of the board; solely on him as top runner prospect (seemingly) for O Town. Based on the draft thread, he seems high on every ones list. So what do you think of Marcus Smart?

Current Magic Fit

Smart/Nelson/Udrih

AA/Moore/Lamb

Harkless/Harris/Jones

Baby/Nicholson/Harrington

Nick/Quinn

Scouting Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eclOw60dITg

Is Marcus Smart the Most Exciting Player in College Hoops?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2lr2r2fx_s

Here is a nice article comparing Smart:

Marcus Smart compares to Dwyane Wade, James Harden, Tyreke Evans

Using the incredibly awesome Play Index over at College Basketball Reference, I ran a report to find out how many freshmen have achieved this stat line or better since 1999, the earliest season available in the Play Index:

14 points/game (Smart averages 15.0)

5 rebounds/game (Smart averages 5.8)

3 assists/game (Smart averages 4.5)

2 steals/game (Smart averages 2.9)

You have to achieve all of those things in your freshman year to be on this list. Guess how many guys have done that in the last 15 seasons of college basketball? Five. You may have heard of these guys: Dwyane Wade, James Harden, Tyreke Evans, and Caron Butler

Read Article Here

New Smart Video: March 2013

M. Smart numbers compared to R. Westbrook

Marcus Smart

Year League Team GP Min Pts FG FGA FG% 2Pt 2PtA 2P% 3Pt 3PtA 3P% FTM FTA FT% Off Def TOT Asts Stls Blks TOs PFs

2012/13 NCAA Oklahoma State 23 32.6 14.5 4.5 10.8 41.5 3.3 6.8 48.4 1.2 4.0 29.7 4.3 5.6 77.5 1.7 4.1 5.8 4.5 3.0 0.8 3.2 2.7

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marcus-Smart-6284/stats/

Russell Westbrook

Year League GP Min Pts FG FGA FG% 2Pt 2PtA 2P% 3Pt 3PtA 3P% FTM FTA FT% Off Def TOT Asts Stls Blks TOs PFs

2012/13 NBA 53 35.7 22.6 7.9 18.6 42.6 6.7 14.8 45.1 1.3 3.8 32.8 5.5 6.9 79.5 1.4 3.7 5.1 8.1 1.9 0.3 3.6 2.4

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/russell-westbrook-5062/

Are you some what scared of Marcus's turnovers and shooting percentage?

Not really. His shooting percentages have been steadily increasing and he's only 18 so there's plenty of room to grow. Plus he wont be starting for another year and will learn a ton playing behind Jameer

I like the idea of having dedicated threads for top prospects, maybe after the tournament and the best guys separate themselves from the flotsam we can have some more.

What I like about Smart:

Huge for a PG at 6'4", 225 lbs

Great body control, knows how to use his size and bullies smaller PGs, loves to bang inside for rebounds

Draws tons of fouls and gets to the line a lot

Has shown great potential as a scorer already, can play off-the-ball

Unselfish, keeps his head up looking for the pass

Does everything. Rebounds, assists, steals, blocks. A true statsheet stuffer

Awesome defensive instincts, very quick laterally and great hands. Terrorizes opposing PGs with his ball pressure.

Nonstop motor, imposes his will on games at both ends of the floor

What I don't like about Smart:

No advanced ball-handling moves. He can split defenders but generally he's not very creative as a ball-handler, also has a questionable left hand

Good athlete, not a great athlete. Only an average first step

Still developing as a shooter, good mechanics on his jumpshot but needs to be more consistent. Rushes shots coming off of screens.

Turnover prone, I don't consider this that much of a bad thing as young PGs are almost always very mistake prone and try to make plays that aren't there but it's still worth noting

May not be a full-time PG in the NBA due to his average handle.

Smart's intangibles scream NBA star and he'll only be 19 at the start of next season. To be so physically imposing at such a young age is also impressive. He's still feeling his way through the PG position but he's shown remarkable improvement since the beginning of his freshman season and his upside is tremendous. He's been awesome as of late and his stock is continuing to rise, with a great tournament performance he might be the consensus number 1 pick. For our sake I hope he has a couple dud games here and there to keep the hype down a little bit.

Best case: less explosive Dwyane Wade

Worst case: smaller Rodney Stuckey

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of having dedicated threads for top prospects, maybe after the tournament and the best guys separate themselves from the flotsam we can have some more.

What I like about Smart:

Huge for a PG at 6'4", 225 lbs

Great body control, knows how to use his size and bullies smaller PGs, loves to bang inside for rebounds

Draws tons of fouls and gets to the line a lot

Has shown great potential as a scorer already, can play off-the-ball

Unselfish, keeps his head up looking for the pass

Does everything. Rebounds, assists, steals, blocks. A true statsheet stuffer

Awesome defensive instincts, very quick laterally and great hands. Terrorizes opposing PGs with his ball pressure.

Nonstop motor, imposes his will on games at both ends of the floor

What I don't like about Smart:

No advanced ball-handling moves. He can split defenders but generally he's not very creative as a ball-handler, also has a questionable left hand

Good athlete, not a great athlete. Only an average first step

Still developing as a shooter, good mechanics on his jumpshot but needs to be more consistent. Rushes shots coming off of screens.

Turnover prone, I don't consider this that much of a bad thing as young PGs are almost always very mistake prone and try to make plays that aren't there but it's still worth noting

May not be a full-time PG in the NBA due to his average handle.

Smart's intangibles scream NBA star and he'll only be 19 at the start of next season. To be so physically imposing at such a young age is also impressive. He's still feeling his way through the PG position but he's shown remarkable improvement since the beginning of his freshman season and his upside is tremendous. He's been awesome as of late and his stock is continuing to rise, with a great tournament performance he might be the consensus number 1 pick. For our sake I hope he has a couple dud games here and there to keep the hype down a little bit.

Best case: less explosive Dwyane Wade

Worst case: smaller Rodney Stuckey

I sure hope he is a full time pg at top 5.

He doesn't mean a bench player, he means he may be a combo guard or more of a SG in the NBA.

I know, but we really need him at lead guard. The funny thing is that Trey Burk is the best pure point in the draft, but smart has the most NBA upside between the two. If burk goes late, he will surprise like nelson. If smart ends up being a 2 guard, then Shabazz, Ben and Victor are better options.

I know, but we really need him at lead guard. The funny thing is that Trey Burk is the best pure point in the draft, but smart has the most NBA upside between the two. If burk goes late, he will surprise like nelson. If smart ends up being a 2 guard, then Shabazz, Ben and Victor are better options.

Not really... Irrespective of where he plays Smart brings talents we need: drawing fouls, finishing inside, great defense, play making and another ball handler.