Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Grizzlies - Tuesday, March 10th @ 8:00 P.M.

35 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

What is wrong with some of you? It's obvious we cannot do anything at this time, but does that mean that the message board has to be silent (quarantined)? Don't we talk about the players and the team during the off season when there is nothing going on?

The last I recalled, the biggest discussion last season and during the off season was about Markelle--questions about what was wrong with him, trying to figure out whether or not the condition he was diagnosed with would prevent him from ever playing again. People posted everyday, showing pictures of his progress. Some had their doubts that he would ever be the same player he was before his injury.

My DJ has been worked over so much--some calling for him to be traded, and I defended and tried to rescue him. But I've given up and decided to let it go.

We have the right to continue to post and discuss anything Magic related.

TMF what i'm saying, is - is it really a discussion if we have already exhausted our verbal options and we all know that Evan eventually needs to go but literally nothing can be done presently?

People can post whatever they want. It's like free speech. Say what you want, but if it's not useful it will attract derision. Both things are fine. As is making a (really) light joke about that situation. 

The DJ stuff has been done to death too. And he may very well be at the end of his usefulness in terms of his career. He may only play for another season or so. But I don't even think most people think it's him that's the problem, it's that his expectations as a bench role player have been probably too expansive with all of his miles on the clock.

You have to agree that as he gets older it is awesome if DJ lights it up once in a while, but relying on him for heavy minutes is going to yield less and less results.

43 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

TMF what i'm saying, is - is it really a discussion if we have already exhausted our verbal options and we all know that Evan eventually needs to go but literally nothing can be done presently?

People can post whatever they want. It's like free speech. Say what you want, but if it's not useful it will attract derision. Both things are fine. As is making a (really) light joke about that situation. 

The DJ stuff has been done to death too. And he may very well be at the end of his usefulness in terms of his career. He may only play for another season or so. But I don't even think most people think it's him that's the problem, it's that his expectations as a bench role player have been probably too expansive with all of his miles on the clock.

You have to agree that as he gets older it is awesome if DJ lights it up once in a while, but relying on him for heavy minutes is going to yield less and less results.

It's a message board, South_Aussie. Just as you have the right to use 2 paragraphs to point out DJ's age and expectations on the Magic as he nears the end of his career, others have the right to discuss a player(s) on the Magic as often as they want, as long as they do not violate he Terms of Service of this message board.

I think using the term "bashing" a player is a little harsh. That term was not used by you, but by another poster.

Edit: If you do not want to read what a poster has to say, put them on "ignore" or scroll right past their posts.

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

It's a message board, South_Aussie. Just as you have the right to use 2 paragraphs to point out DJ's age and expectations on the Magic as he nears the end of his career, others have the right to discuss a player(s) on the Magic as often as they want, as long as they do not violate he Terms of Service of this message board.

I think using the term "bashing" a player is a little harsh. That term was not used by you, but by another poster.

Edit: If you do not want to read what a poster has to say, put them on "ignore" or scroll right past their posts.

Again, as I said:

"People can post whatever they want. It's like free speech. Say what you want, but if it's not useful it will attract derision. " - That has to be expected. Saying that it doesn't renders free speech utterly void.

I don't put anyone on ignore, and I also personally don't spend any length of time telling people what's useless or not. Just an outside observation.

In the end I found "HAD's" joke funny and the comment after it about "being pathetic" a little highly strung.

An actual opinion of mine - I don't mind any of the players individually. Their roles and usage however I would love to see changed. I'd have Evan here for the next five years as long as he is NEVER the primary ballhandler. I'd have Vucevic here if he could accept a diminished role next to guys like Fultz, Gordon and JI. I'd have DJ here another few years as long as we are giving Fultz 35+ minutes and superstar usage. And have a young 3rd string pg in the wings. I like that as an idea anytime.

3 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Apparently the answer is get offended.

And yes of course, we are all tired of seeing our beloved franchise treading water, even if it seems to some that others are happy with the status quo.

The key here is we literally cannot do anything but be patient until things resume and we have a trade period and the draft again. I shudder at the thought of how long that may all take. 

I'll be right there in the losing my s*** boat along with you and others when we predictably "run it back" for yet another year come next October. I've had to switch on a particular level of patience to maintain any modicum of interest at present. Thank goodness Gordon and Fultz haven't been s***shows and Bamba has had a couple of moments here and there. The middling semblance of success is about as much as we can hope for with this group as constructed.

If HAD said it as a joke then fair enough I just found it amusing he used those choice of words but that’s his prerogative to do so. I do want to apologize for my initial reaction earlier because I had just come back to my room from a heavy day of drinking out in Mexico and shouldn’t have responded the way I did. I still stand by my original post though and the message I was trying to get across I just shouldn’t have responded the way I did and take full responsibility for doing so. We are a medicore  team with our current starting 5 and shouldn’t be content with the product we currently put out on the floor. If we run this back next year with the same starting 5 doing the same old things it indicates our front office is a joke and incompetent with doing their jobs which is bring this franchise a championship or at least attempt to compete for one. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with not putting out the same crap next season, but there are a couple of things that might make that hard. Firstly if Fournier opts in then we have little room to move, unless we make a big move involving Vuc but I don't think the FO want to do that, at least not yet. The other issue is the FO might look at how we played recently and say to themselves 'imagine Isaac was healthy during that run, that could be next season'.

I hope they have seen enough to realize some changes need to be made. 

34 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Again, as I said:

"People can post whatever they want. It's like free speech. Say what you want, but if it's not useful it will attract derision. " - That has to be expected. Saying that it doesn't renders free speech utterly void.

I don't put anyone on ignore, and I also personally don't spend any length of time telling people what's useless or not. Just an outside observation.

In the end I found "HAD's" joke funny and the comment after it about "being pathetic" a little highly strung.

An actual opinion of mine - I don't mind any of the players individually. Their roles and usage however I would love to see changed. I'd have Evan here for the next five years as long as he is NEVER the primary ballhandler. I'd have Vucevic here if he could accept a diminished role next to guys like Fultz, Gordon and JI. I'd have DJ here another few years as long as we are giving Fultz 35+ minutes and superstar usage. And have a young 3rd string pg in tIe wings. I like that as an idea anytime.

I respect all of my fellow TBN members and posters, but you cannot speak for other people. You said that YOU found "HAD's" comment a joke and funny. We don't know that (Did he tell you that it was a joke?).  HAD may have been serious, and the comment did attract derision.

In my opinion, TrueMagicFanSince1987 did not have to apologize because as I said, the comment that HAD made was a little harsh and with all of the recent turn of events, most of us might be on edge right now.

So we should just leave it at that.

GO MAGIC!!!! 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Boss said:

I agree with not putting out the same crap next season, but there are a couple of things that might make that hard. Firstly if Fournier opts in then we have little room to move, unless we make a big move involving Vuc but I don't think the FO want to do that, at least not yet. The other issue is the FO might look at how we played recently and say to themselves 'imagine Isaac was healthy during that run, that could be next season'.

I hope they have seen enough to realize some changes need to be made. 

All is well, we seem to have to collectively keep our fingers crossed.

9 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I respect all of my fellow TBN members and posters, but you cannot speak for other people. You said that YOU found "HAD's" comment a joke and funny. We don't know that (Did he tell you that it was a joke?).  HAD may have been serious, and the comment did attract derision.

In my opinion, TrueMagicFanSince1987 did not have to apologize because as I said, the comment that HAD made was a little harsh and with all of the recent turn of events, most of us might be on edge right now.

So we should just leave it at that.

GO MAGIC!!!! 

Yeah, honestly noone said anyone had to apologise. Noone has to change anything. You do seem a touch on edge yourself though. Not picking, just an observation. I hope we can all move on. This season has gone from feeling really quick to dragging out all of a sudden and I am just holding out for next year.

6 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

And yeah go Magic lol

It's all good. We will get through all that's going on right now!       tEqj21.png

By the way, I am a little on edge, but not about my Magic.  :) 

• Upvote 1

I didn’t have to apologize but I did so because my comment was a little out of line. I don’t like attacking people based on their thoughts or opinions and me not apologizing would have made me a hypocrite. Either way it’s all good and hope nobody got offended. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I didn’t have to apologize but I did so because my comment was a little out of line. I don’t like attacking people based on their thoughts or opinions and me not apologizing would have made me a hypocrite. Either way it’s all good and hope nobody got offended. 

Gotcha! You're good.     TINdq9.png

This is who we are as Magic Fans--agree to disagree--then move on.     

GO MAGIC!