Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Grizzlies - Tuesday, March 10th @ 8:00 P.M.

Again Evan Fournier is not a bad basketball player. Sure he can win you a handful of games but how many games does he also shoot us out of? Couple that with the lack of ball movement on the court when he’s out there and it’s easy to see he’s more of a detriment to this team than any positives he may bring. Bring him off the bench as a 6th man and he can probably hold the lead for us or keep us in the game. Outside of that he’s useless to this team because the ball movement stops when he is on the court. Evan Fournier on another team would be used differently and he wouldn’t be the second or even 3rd scoring option. He hurts us because he needs the ball in his hands to be effective but that isn’t winning us many basketball games. I’ll take a lesser known name and great ball movement/team work over the iso/buddy ball he brings any day of the week. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

. . . Evan Fournier on another team would be used differently and he wouldn’t be the second or even 3rd scoring option. He hurts us because he needs the ball in his hands to be effective but that isn’t winning us many basketball games. I’ll take a lesser known name and great ball movement/team work over the iso/buddy ball he brings any day of the week. 

Some of us have said before that after Fultz brings the ball up the court, he hands it to Evan and then Fultz goes and stand in the corner. That takes the ball out of Fultz's hands. That's not Evan's job to become a point forward.

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Some of us have said before that after Fultz brings the ball up the court, he hands it to Evan and then Fultz goes and stand in the corner. That takes the ball out of Fultz's hands. That's not Evan's job to become a point forward.

Correct! Evan would be best used coming off screens for catch and shoot situations or cutting to the basket to finish at the rim. He’s very underrated with that aspect of his game but he’s actually a great finisher around the rim. Too bad he’s so focused on running around the perimeter and shooting I’ll advised 3’s to actually play to his strengths. 

It's looking more and more like the season might be suspended. Two questions for all of you. If it takes a month or two to get back into action, would you want Isaac to come back this year? Question number two, would you feel terrible if they just had the playoffs whenever the crisis ends?

37 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

It's looking more and more like the season might be suspended. Two questions for all of you. If it takes a month or two to get back into action, would you want Isaac to come back this year? Question number two, would you feel terrible if they just had the playoffs whenever the crisis ends?

Yes let Isaac back ASAP

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

1.- provided Isaac is healthy and there isn’t any lingering instability with his knee, I’d fire him up for the stretch run (if that happens)

2.- It’d suck since we’d have to play the Bucks, and we’d probably end up the 7th seed if the regular season played out. I want a rematch with the Raptors, but playoffs are better than no playoffs. I’m thinking that they might not restart the season, though.

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I do not understand how that role is not completely reversed 100% of the time

17 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

We need to use Evan differently when he comes back. Spot up shooter and coming off screens. Catch and shoot mostly. 

I think we were saying the same things a coulpe of years ago! :P

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HighAngleDad said:

With the season suspended for a while, what will the Fournier Bashers do to fill the time?

That’s pretty pathetic you would even post that. Obviously if there’s no basketball there’s nothing to talk about. It’s cool you like Fournier but he still is what he is which is an offensive minded player who doesn’t help his team win. There’s no bashing just truth being told by multiple posters on the fact their tired of the same product being put out on the floor over and over again expecting different results. If Fournier was gonna help this team become better he would have done it by now but we still get the same thing from him empty stats that don’t translate into wins. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HighAngleDad said:

With the season suspended for a while, what will the Fournier Bashers do to fill the time?

Apparently the answer is get offended.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

That’s pretty pathetic you would even post that. Obviously if there’s no basketball there’s nothing to talk about. It’s cool you like Fournier but he still is what he is which is an offensive minded player who doesn’t help his team win. There’s no bashing just truth being told by multiple posters on the fact their tired of the same product being put out on the floor over and over again expecting different results. If Fournier was gonna help this team become better he would have done it by now but we still get the same thing from him empty stats that don’t translate into wins. 

And yes of course, we are all tired of seeing our beloved franchise treading water, even if it seems to some that others are happy with the status quo.

The key here is we literally cannot do anything but be patient until things resume and we have a trade period and the draft again. I shudder at the thought of how long that may all take. 

I'll be right there in the losing my s*** boat along with you and others when we predictably "run it back" for yet another year come next October. I've had to switch on a particular level of patience to maintain any modicum of interest at present. Thank goodness Gordon and Fultz haven't been s***shows and Bamba has had a couple of moments here and there. The middling semblance of success is about as much as we can hope for with this group as constructed.

57 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Apparently the answer is get offended.

And yes of course, we are all tired of seeing our beloved franchise treading water, even if it seems to some that others are happy with the status quo.

The key here is we literally cannot do anything but be patient until things resume and we have a trade period and the draft again. I shudder at the thought of how long that may all take. 

I'll be right there in the losing my s*** boat along with you and others when we predictably "run it back" for yet another year come next October. I've had to switch on a particular level of patience to maintain any modicum of interest at present. Thank goodness Gordon and Fultz haven't been s***shows and Bamba has had a couple of moments here and there. The middling semblance of success is about as much as we can hope for with this group as constructed.

What is wrong with some of you? It's obvious we cannot do anything at this time, but does that mean that the message board has to be silent (quarantined)? Don't we talk about the players and the team during the off season when there is nothing going on?

The last I recalled, the biggest discussion last season and during the off season was about Markelle--questions about what was wrong with him, trying to figure out whether or not the condition he was diagnosed with would prevent him from ever playing again. People posted everyday, showing pictures of his progress. Some had their doubts that he would ever be the same player he was before his injury.

My DJ has been worked over so much--some calling for him to be traded, and I defended and tried to rescue him. But I've given up and decided to let it go.

We have the right to continue to post and discuss anything Magic related.