Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Timberwolves - Friday, March 6th at 8:00 P.M.

Just remember that you always look better against bad teams.   The things that work against a bad team may not work nearly as well against better teams.   

What are Fultz numbers without Fournier because last I remember when evan didn't play Fultz had a big game against the Lakers 

21 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Just remember that you always look better against bad teams.   The things that work against a bad team may not work nearly as well against better teams.   

Good ball movement will always work against good teams. When this team shares the ball we win games. When it stays stuck on the perimeter with guys dribbling the air out of it that’s when we get in trouble. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jec said:

I don’t think he would have hurt us in this game

Monday night, did you see Evan trip 3, maybe 4 times dribbling in the paint, then falling down. He either lost the ball or he pitched it to a teammate while he was on the floor because the box score has him at  only 1 turnover. (HE FELL DOWN, ENDING UP ON HIS BACK/BUTT)

I saw this with my own eyes.

I like the way Fultz, MCW and sometimes Ross were able to get to the basket to score and not over dribble in doing so, as Evan does.

We need our players to stay upright, not tripping over their own feet.

1 hour ago, J-Mac said:

What are Fultz numbers without Fournier because last I remember when evan didn't play Fultz had a big game against the Lakers 

Thank you very much!  Nuff said!!!

12 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Evan who? 

4 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Probably not I was just being funny and am happy we won a game finally. I still like how we moved the ball a lot more without him in the lineup though. I’m also still convinced Wes deserves minutes in this rotation. 

I'm not going to apologize for my response that "I don't miss Evan". As TMF1987, SoulBro, and others have said, we move the ball a lot better without him in the lineup.

As for Fultz, give him the ball and get out of his way! Oh yeah, I love MCW's aggressiveness on defense and offense.

22 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Good ball movement will always work against good teams. When this team shares the ball we win games. When it stays stuck on the perimeter with guys dribbling the air out of it that’s when we get in trouble. 

I fully agree with this.  I’m one of the posters who complains when the ball movement stops, and it gets me especially upset when it’s clear that one of our guys decides they’re going to shoot no matter what, and after dribbling a bunch they put up a bad shot.  

I was referring more to the multiple posts talking about “giving the keys to Fultz” and just letting him drive to the basket all game.   Better teams have shown repeatedly that they can pack the paint and mostly shut that down.  Then they dare our guys to beat them from the outside, knowing that aside from Fournier none of our starters are reliable 3 point shooters.  And then we will often shoot ourselves right out of a game.   That formula is why our record is so awful against better teams.  

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I fully agree with this.  I’m one of the posters who complains when the ball movement stops, and it gets me especially upset when it’s clear that one of our guys decides they’re going to shoot no matter what, and after dribbling a bunch they put up a bad shot.  

I was referring more to the multiple posts talking about “giving the keys to Fultz” and just letting him drive to the basket all game.   Better teams have shown repeatedly that they can pack the paint and mostly shut that down.  Then they dare our guys to beat them from the outside, knowing that aside from Fournier none of our starters are reliable 3 point shooters.  And then we will often shoot ourselves right out of a game.   That formula is why our record is so awful against better teams.  

I get what you were trying to say now. While I do agree with you to an extent I also feel when Fultz starts attacking early in the game it opens up his mid range game. Not sure if it’s the confidence he gets from watching a few go in early but it’s definitely a noticeable difference.