TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

On 4/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, The Buccaneer said:

Closer to the draft, who are we thinking? 

Vassel or Nesmith for a safe bet. Tyrell Terry is getting hype. Jaden Mcdaniels is a swing for fence guy. Im really undecided. Gonna have to trust our scouts with this one. My bet is they take an international, that porzingis clone or theo maledon

I don't know any of the names, I just want someone who will go out there and fearlessly score. I hope a guy like that is in the position we draft. I believe Clifford can coach the defense and mentality into most guys, so just someone who can go out and get some points when we need them has got to be the most important thing for us.

• Upvote 1

so i'm in hotel isolation for 2 weeks before heading to work and have been doing some deep diving into the draft. the conclusion I have come to is were gonna draft a fella called Tyler Bey from Colorado. He screams Weltham, he's an elite defender with great size and an improving jumpshot. Colorado folks love him, he's mocked around the mid 20s but i reckon he's our man. I like what I see, my preference is Maledon though as he would be perfect with Fultz. 

• Upvote 1

I like Tyrrell Terry. He's small and slight but he can pass, hes got deep range and hes only 19. If he returned to school I could envisage him being a top 5 pick next year so if he's there at 15 he could be a steal. He could come off the bench as a backup 1 but also play alongside Fultz. He's probably more of a secondary playmaker anyway so pairing him with Fultz could be really interesting. He's not a conventional WeltHam pick at all though.

• Upvote 2

On 5/4/2020 at 12:09 PM, CTMagicUK said:

I like Tyrrell Terry. He's small and slight but he can pass, hes got deep range and hes only 19. If he returned to school I could envisage him being a top 5 pick next year so if he's there at 15 he could be a steal. He could come off the bench as a backup 1 but also play alongside Fultz. He's probably more of a secondary playmaker anyway so pairing him with Fultz could be really interesting. He's not a conventional WeltHam pick at all though.

The odds are pretty good that you can get Tyrrel Terry with pick #45 in the second round. ESPN has him as the #62 player in the draft. 

12 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

The odds are pretty good that you can get Tyrrel Terry with pick #45 in the second round. ESPN has him as the #62 player in the draft. 

Mocks have him all over the place. He's at number 8 on Kevin O Connor's big board at The Ringer. I can't see 30 better prospects than him, I think he's a first round talent.