Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

I hope we swing big in this draft. We’re obviously not close to competing as a top 4 team in the East and at 15 if you don’t hit a home run you’ll sign a vet anyway to take those minutes. Who do you all think are the home run swing picks? I’ve been spending too much time the ringer’s website so I think it’s Hayes (if we can move up), Terry, and Poku. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate myself for being away so long, I haven’t paid attention to the NBA or draft stuff all year.

At the top of my wish list is a shooter to put next to Fultz.  Are there any legit 3&D players available in our zone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I hate myself for being away so long, I haven’t paid attention to the NBA or draft stuff all year.

At the top of my wish list is a shooter to put next to Fultz.  Are there any legit 3&D players available in our zone?

Vassell, Bey, Green and Bane. Nesmith has the best shot but might not be a defensive stopper. Vassell, meanwhile, is supposedly the best wing defender of the class and has a great stroke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like several of the guards in this class. If we select another center or a wing who can’t shoot, I’ll lose my mind.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Draft Day prediction:

15. Kira Lewis

45. Traded

 

 

You forgot “15. Traded” because the draft topped out at 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I like several of the guards in this class. If we select another center or a wing who can’t shoot, I’ll lose my mind.

Or a guard that can’t shoot. Our draft board should be draft the best shooter available regardless of position, in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Or a guard that can’t shoot. Our draft board should be draft the best shooter available regardless of position, in my opinion.

I think you have to go BPA (best player available), but I think that the assessment of BPA has to be heavily weighted in favor of shooting, so we're sort of on the same page there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

 

That makes sense only if it says Vucevic, Aminu and Fournier, as They are all in the 28-31 range. AG is still only 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Or a guard that can’t shoot. Our draft board should be draft the best shooter available regardless of position, in my opinion.

Yessss. Get a Duncan Robinson or Tyler Herro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something tells me I'm going to spend the early hours of the morning defending whoever we draft that isn't a guy like Nesmith or Bane. 

Unless we draft Precious. Then I riot with the rest of you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

That makes sense only if it says Vucevic, Aminu and Fournier, as They are all in the 28-31 range. AG is still only 25.

It normally good to have balance and vet leadership. Normally not good for all young players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×