TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

I was thinking Haliburton. 7ft wingspan at pg or sg 

Yeah he is another player they can be looking at, but I hope its Hayes 

2 hours ago, LaVar said:

Golden State Warriors: Proposing a trade which lands Orlando in the lottery

In this trade, they would be dealing away Aaron Gordon and Terrence Ross for Andrew Wiggins and the No. 2 overall pick.

https://bluemanhoop.com/2020/11/15/golden-state-warriors-propose-orlando-lottery/amp/2/

Wiggins and #2 for AG, TRoss and #15 - I despise this trade, the next time Wiggins buckles down to defend will be the first time; and don't tell me what a "great" scorer he is. He is not a net-positive player - he gives up as much as he gets. I think this is way too much to give up for what you would be getting back.

7 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Wiggins and #2 for AG, TRoss and #15 - I despise this trade, the next time Wiggins buckles down to defend will be the first time; and don't tell me what a "great" scorer he is. He is not a net-positive player - he gives up as much as he gets. I think this is way too much to give up for what you would be getting back.

I know. I would remove the 15 pick

On 11/14/2020 at 7:25 PM, Soul Bro said:

I’d love to get a point guard AND a guy like Bane. Given Isaac’s injury, I think this is the year to move on from some vets and get fresh talent on the team.

why do you want a point guard? 

12 hours ago, LaVar said:

Golden State Warriors: Proposing a trade which lands Orlando in the lottery

In this trade, they would be dealing away Aaron Gordon and Terrence Ross for Andrew Wiggins and the No. 2 overall pick.

https://bluemanhoop.com/2020/11/15/golden-state-warriors-propose-orlando-lottery/amp/2/

Maybe we are sold on Wiseman to be our next Shaq/Dwight

6 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Latest Vecenie mock has is taking Kira. He ended the analysis by saying “Honestly I kind of hope this happens.”

I also hope that.

I don't understand the logic of taking a PG that would take the ball out of Fultz's hands. Markelle is a good PG and when the ball isn't in his hands (as seen with Fournier) it negates one of his biggest strengths. Draft a PG to be a backup? Sure, but we can re-sign MCW and find a 3rd PG later in the draft, or from overseas. 

10 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I don't understand the logic of taking a PG that would take the ball out of Fultz's hands. Markelle is a good PG and when the ball isn't in his hands (as seen with Fournier) it negates one of his biggest strengths. Draft a PG to be a backup? Sure, but we can re-sign MCW and find a 3rd PG later in the draft, or from overseas. 

Except that MCW may well have played himself into bigger offers than we can afford to match/make. I think we might bring DJ back, if he is willing to play for something like the Bi-Annual Exception; but I also wouldn't be surprised if both MCW and DJ are signed somewhere else. If the Pelicans trade Jrue as rumored, I could see them making a strong run at DJ to fill the backup PG/veteran leadership role; and considering his ties to New Orleans, I think he would be inclined to listen/go. 

I just think there is too much versatility within Desmond Bane’s skills and what he can offer to a team, for him to be falling into the latter part of the first round. He’s ranked ninth on my big board and would be a lock for the lottery if I were an executive picking in that range.

Yes, maybe he doesn’t standout to those that like flashy passes and highlight reel dunks, but Bane makes highlights of another kind. The effort he brings consistently to every game with his rebounding and defense, plus the elite shooting skills he has are a rare combination in my opinion.

Bane reminds me a lot of Pacers guard Malcolm Brogdon and Raptors great Kyle Lowry, but even more so he reminds me of former NBA guard Andre Miller. Obviously Bane is much bigger than Miller, he’s a way better shooter too but also not nearly the passer Miller was. However, the way they play the game, the feel they have for it and the intangible things they bring to the teams they play for are very similar to me.

He may never be a superstar, but I think there’s a chance Bane could make a couple All-Star teams while averaging around 15, 5, and 5 and being one of the 50 best defenders in the league, throughout his career. That kind of high floor, safe type of prospect you think would be valued higher in a draft filled with a plethora of predicted risks at the top.

So not only is he super skilled and plays selflessly, but he also has this kind of character as a human being. I sound like a broken record at this point, but there is just too much to not love about this kid to not want to draft him in the lottery. Ya I get he’s older, he’s got short arms and isn’t a Zion-level athlete, but I think most of those things are really just semantics and excuses. If any prospect in this draft has shown that you shouldn’t doubt them, it’s Desmond Bane.

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2020/11/16/2020-nba-draft-desmond-bane-sleeper/6/