TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

Full time, no, he has not the same power/strenght, and you always need to have different options based on matchups.
I always tought of him as a Green in the Death Lineup that GS used, especially playing alongside Isaac.
But our management/coach has showed zero intention to go that route, we always have 3 true centers on the roster, and we actually played a lot more minutes with two of them together on the court, that playiing small ball-switchable-modern defense.

And obviously, a big NO to trading him just to improve a few spot in a draft, especially before seeing how he could play in a different enviroment (like the one described above) and before trading other pieces that doesn't fit that kind of style.

36 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

By the way, do y'all think Gordon could be a full time Center like Adebayo?

Bam is like 20lbs heavier and has like a +2 wingspan on AG. 

I think AG is a 4 who could play some small ball 5 but you're always beholden to the fact that he doesn't see himself that way and he wants to play on the perimeter.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

To get Hayes, we may have to trade above Detroit (7) or NY (8).

There's a rumour Detroit have promised Pat Will at 7 so they might not be a problem.

1 minute ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Hayes... all we need is another guard who can’t shoot

His shot will be fine.

And we have exactly 1 guard on the roster next year who can't shoot at present.

One thing with the timeline of this insane and unprecedented offseason, we’re gonna need to be super patient with any rookie. One month from draft to start of the season when rookies usually get 4 is gonna make a lot of these young guys look rough early on.

32 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

One thing with the timeline of this insane and unprecedented offseason, we’re gonna need to be super patient with any rookie. One month from draft to start of the season when rookies usually get 4 is gonna make a lot of these young guys look rough early on.

That's a really good point for this year. It's actually something I hope the front office is addressing in their interviews, "During this unprecedented time away from organized basketball, what have you done to continue working on your game to improve and prepare for this next step?"

I mean i hate "giving up" on AG but a kelly oubre and 10 pick for him and 15 is a win win across the board i think. I feel oubre has the handles that AG wishes he has, and AG has the size and fit Phoenix could use better.