TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

Interesting we've got our eye on Killian. We'd have to move up in the draft which has salary implications for us given we've (presumably) only got about 10 million to spend to fill out our roster before we hit the tax. If we moved up to say pick 10 that's an extra million dollars in salary in year 1. 

In theory an AG + 15 for Oubre + 10 (and I'd hope another future pick but maybe that's me being a homer) deal though saves us 4 mil in salary (since the Suns are under the cap they can do the trade and we'd get a 4 mil TPE) so maybe something like that could work. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

His best comp is not Middleton. He has no handle or passing or iso scoring. He's a straight up movement shooter. He's got a similar looking body to Middleton and their jumper looks similar but that's about it. Devin Vassell is much more likely to be Middleton. I think of Nesmith as more like an Allen Crabbe.

It’s probably worth you watching the show. In his opinion, Stackhouse says that who he projects to be. (By the way, I’m down with Vassell).

I love reading about our interest in Hayes. It shows we’re being aggressive. It’s also noteworthy that we’re looking at point guards. Perhaps to push Fultz or to play alongside Fultz.

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I love reading about our interest in Hayes. It shows we’re being aggressive. It’s also noteworthy that we’re looking at point guards. Perhaps to push Fultz or to play alongside Fultz.

or we're thinking Augustine and MCW will be offered more than we're willing to pay

14 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

or we're thinking Augustine and MCW will be offered more than we're willing to pay

Although I Love MCW and what he brings to the team, I hope this is what happens so we don’t have to make that decision of having to pay them and sticking with the same group again. 

16 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

True although I don’t think you typically move up into the mid-lottery to get a backup.

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trading AG to move up a couple spots doesn't sit well with me. Even if the only guy I'm emotionally attached to on this team is Jonathan Isaac

I'm in the same boat really even though I think getting Killian is about as good as getting a top 5 pick. I'd be hoping we can get something  on top of the matching salary and the move up.