TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

The 'combine' numbers are now on NBA.com. Little dissapointed at some of the guys we haven't got measurements for, even if they are wonky measurements. 

If you go by the idea we generally draft long wings in the second round the standouts from the combine are:

Paul Eboua - Forward who's 6'7 with a 7'3.5 wingspan.

Naji Marshall - Forward who's 6'7 with a 7'0.75 wingspan and some huge hand measurements.

Karim Mane - Combo guard 6'6 with a 6'11 wingspan

Jay Scrubb - SG, 6'6 with a 6'9 wingspan

Immanuel Quickley - SG, 6'3 with a 6'8.25 wingspan. 

There are some other guys who I don't think will be available at 45 (Robert Woodard II) or who I don't think get drafted (Kahlil Whitney). But really it's not a great year for long wing guys. Another reason for WeltHam to trade out.

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Maybe this has been posted, but the Ringer has Hayes as their top guy:

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

Yea KOC has had Hayes as his top guy all year basically. Has him at #8 to the Knicks in his mock though. Givony and Schmitz are lower on Hayes they have him falling to #12 to Sacramento in their newest mock.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We've also apparently worked out Hampton per Keith Smith.

Saw a quote from Nesmith about teams he worked out for and Magic weren’t on the list. Barring a last minute workout, doesn’t look like he is a priority target 

:(

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Saw a quote from Nesmith about teams he worked out for and Magic weren’t on the list. Barring a last minute workout, doesn’t look like he is a priority target 

:(

Difficult to say. A lot of game playing goes on with workouts from Agents and it'll be especially prevelant now teams are only allowed 10. From what I remember we never worked out Isaac before we drafted him. 

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Don't understand people's fascination with Haliburton. A guard with no handle and no burst who can't get to the rim in the half court and will be a bad finisher when he gets there. I like the passing a lot but what use is passing if you can't create an advantage to leverage it? By all accounts he's a great guy and at 15 he'd be a great pick but I don't get why he has mid lottery stock.

His profile reads a lot like Brogdon to me

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

His profile reads a lot like Brogdon to me

Malcolm Brogon had 89 makes at the rim his last year at Virginia. Tyrese Haliburton had 62 rim attempts this past year at Iowa State (and this includes transition not just half court). He really struggles to get into the paint at all in the half court against college guys.

Brogdon also had a much more versatile jump shot coming out. Haliburton is basically limited to catch and shoot shots with his funky set shot (which tbf goes in and has deep range) whereas Brogdon ran off screens and shot off the dribble. 

Hali is a better defensive playmaker and a better passer but Brogdon was and is a much better half court offensive player than Hali in my opinion.

Huge news here...

League sources say the Magic are attempting to move up into the lottery by packaging this pick with Aaron Gordon. If they stay put, Maxey would potentially provide lottery value and immediately inject life as an energetic presence and a hard-nosed defender. Though Markelle Fultz’s resurgence makes for a nice story, he’s still yet to prove he can reliably shoot the ball. Maxey is further along as a scorer off the dribble, which could push Fultz into his ideal role as a supercharged Shaun Livingston.”

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/#mock

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Huge news here...

League sources say the Magic are attempting to move up into the lottery by packaging this pick with Aaron Gordon. If they stay put, Maxey would potentially provide lottery value and immediately inject life as an energetic presence and a hard-nosed defender. Though Markelle Fultz’s resurgence makes for a nice story, he’s still yet to prove he can reliably shoot the ball. Maxey is further along as a scorer off the dribble, which could push Fultz into his ideal role as a supercharged Shaun Livingston.”

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/#mock

I just can’t get behind Maxey, especially as a PG. He will be a fine player, but I think his status is being elevated by him having gone to UK and teams watching other UK guys surprise. 

Moving up does make sense.