TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Wiggins isn’t going to maximize his potential anywhere. He is what he is at this point

That sort of cuts both ways - since Aaron Gordon was pick #4 the same year Wiggins went #1. If you think Wiggins is what he is, doesn't that say the same about Gordon?

Yeah your right, which makes me think the Warriors will go into the season and give him a chance. Maybe adding defensive wings on veteran minimums. I'm sure they can get the best one year guys who want a ring. The money is going to be bad this year anyway, some of them might as well chase a ring. The number 2 pick is expensive so i could see them either trading down or trading it for a couple low key guys with the Iguodala trade exception. 

29 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

That sort of cuts both ways - since Aaron Gordon was pick #4 the same year Wiggins went #1. If you think Wiggins is what he is, doesn't that say the same about Gordon?

Well yes in a way i agree with you. At least Wiggins can score, we know he is inefficient and low energy. That could change. He also is a true small forward and can handle the ball.

Aaron Gordon can do a few different things but none at an above average level. Worse i do not see anything that could be elite. Look if you back me against a wall, i would tell you i don't want Wiggins here, i don't think he would change in Orlando. He might with Warriors. Honestly if i were the Warriors i would do everything i can to trade that pick plus Wiggins to the Pacers for TJ  Warren and Myles Turner. 

The money matches exactly and then the Pacers could trade Dipo for cap relief and draft his replacement. The Knicks would take him, Charlotte would take him especially if you told them you would pass one Wiseman. Warriors save money not having to pay for a expensive rookie and get two starters who fit perfectly. The Pacers still have a good team and can get the fans excited for Ball or Edwards. 

Now about the Magic i honestly have no idea what they will do. Every trade idea i hear actually sucks the more i think about it.

48 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Haha you make a good point. I forget they came into the league at the same time.

I suppose it is possible for Wiggins to improve as a player at this point, but I don’t think players grow out of being a chucker 

On 11/9/2020 at 4:12 PM, hootie249 said:

So Mike Miller has been working with RJ Hampton, getting ready for the draft. Anybody here still on his bandwagon? Does he fit with the Magic? 

I'm back again to share draft thoughts, didn't realize it's right around the corner. I think he is still a guy our Gm's would love. I still love Kira, Nesmith, Anthony and possibly Bey as a super sleeper pick for us if we wind up trading anyone.

If we dont pick up one of the scorers/play markers in this draft, I will lose faith in management. 

In order - Ball, Edwards, Haliburton, k. Hayes, Kira Lewis jr, Cole Anthony, and Tyrell Terry are all high on my list. These are the players I am looking hard at for us. I will be happy with any of these players. 

4 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Haha you make a good point. I forget they came into the league at the same time.

I suppose it is possible for Wiggins to improve as a player at this point, but I don’t think players grow out of being a chucker 

I dont mind wiggins as a scorer. I think he needs to show more effort and defense. He has the talent. He just does not bring it every night. I would not mind wiggins and the second pick for vuc. That is a move that would excite me. 

Bomba /Birk 

Gordon / AL

Wiggins / Okeke

Haliburton (or Edwards) 2nd Pick / Ross

Fultz / Tyrell Terry (Or Cole Anthony) 15th Pick

I would be happy.

Don't understand people's fascination with Haliburton. A guard with no handle and no burst who can't get to the rim in the half court and will be a bad finisher when he gets there. I like the passing a lot but what use is passing if you can't create an advantage to leverage it? By all accounts he's a great guy and at 15 he'd be a great pick but I don't get why he has mid lottery stock.

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Givony/Schmitz latest mock has us taking RJ Hampton at 15. Haven't found who he has us taking at 45 (I don't have insider)

We've also apparently worked out Hampton per Keith Smith.