TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

54 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

But we don't have space for two more because we signed Okeke and drafted Cole. That's 2. 

You're right! My bad.

Still, I didn't mention Melvin Frazier, wouldn't be surprised if we don't keep him... Anyway, your point makes sense.

5 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Happy to see the front office take someone who can shoot and isn’t just a measurement marvel.

Credit where it’s due

100% agree on that, I really hope it will become a great pick.
Apart from that, the lack of other moves is worrisome at least for me, it's hard to put all our hopes for the future in a couple of young guys that have never played a NBA game.
Is this going to be another evaluating season? :(

52 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Sorry but I disagree. We have 5 players ending their contract: MCW, DJ, Iwundu, Clark and Ennis. Of these, let's assume we re-sign 3 of them (Iwundu, MCW/DJ, Clark), we have place for 2 more... Looks like enough space for me.

IMO, either Isaiah Joe or Grant Riller could easily take one of those spots. Not to say that I see them as more talented and interesting than any of those undrafted you mentioned.

We currently have eleven (11) guys under contract, or in Cole Anthony's case, just drafted. That leaves a maximum of four (4) spots to fill.

Fultz/Anthony

Fournier/Ross

Isaac (i)/Okeke

Gordon/Aminu

Vucevic/Bamba/Birch

Frazier is a team option, which I hope they don't take,  If we resign as you noted (Iwundu, MCW or DJ, Clark), that brings us to fourteen (14), and leaves only one roster spot open. I think it probably had more to do with not wanting a third rookie on the roster, since you already have enough really young guys. In effect, Fultz has only had one full season, Bamba is yet to play a full season, Okeke is a rookie, and Anthony will be a rookie. Clark is 25, but hasn't really been in the league very long either. 

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

100% agree on that, I really hope it will become a great pick.
Apart from that, the lack of other moves is worrisome at least for me, it's hard to put all our hopes for the future in a couple of young guys that have never played a NBA game.
Is this going to be another evaluating season? :(

My prediction is that we will keep most of the same roster. And if we do — I don't care how this sounds — I hope we miss the playoffs so we finally give up on this madness.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

My prediction is that we will keep most of the same roster. And if we do — I don't care how this sounds — I hope we miss the playoffs so we finally give up on this madness.

Sounds logical to me, I’m on board for that. Tired of the same team and we need changes so however we make that happen I’m good. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Our problem is play making and health. If our health was better, I think we could have went to the second round. Isaac, mcw, and Gordon out was tough. 

This year, I want more uptempo and fultz and cole with the ball. I want more Gordon and less Fournier. 

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Guys I'd be trying to call about a 2 way contract:

Josh Hall

Kristian Doolittle

Trent Forrest

Karim Mane

Ty-shon Alexander

Trevelin Queen

Mamadi Diakite

Queen, Hall and Forrest have been picked up.

Really interested in what we're planning on doing with our 2 ways. It'd be pretty boring to bring back Law and BJ Johnson again I think. Johnson in particular would be going into his 3rd year of NBA service without ever looking like making a full roster spot.

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It's really hard for me (and everyone I think) to root against, but I share that sentiment. There's still time to make changes, but the inactivity on draft day is not a good signal.
And LaVar, we were incredibly healthy two years ago, but the final result was still similar. There's a long, long way to go, hoping that health and a couple rookies will make us contender, IMO is just an illusion.

This team is better than people think, it's just these injuries and it is still a problem with no issac all next season. But I'm glad we have someone who can score off the bench who isnt named ross

18 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

This is not the right fo to rebuild with , they just aren’t aggressive enough

I am pouring over small moves we can make and nothing makes sense. Our cap, our roster spots already taken up and our needs. I honestly cannot come up with a plan without making major trades that i know won't happen. So i am ready to roll it back and cheer and be a fan. 

Edit to clarify. Because of Isaac's injury and the fact that i know management wants to see what we have with Fultz, Bamba, Chuma and Anthony, we are rolling it back.

Our cap is so tight we honestly can't do anything unless we traded vets. The market for trades that would not be salary dumps or bad trades is probably done now.