TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Something tells me I'm going to spend the early hours of the morning defending whoever we draft that isn't a guy like Nesmith or Bane. 

Unless we draft Precious. Then I riot with the rest of you. 

If, and at this point it’s a big if, we make a move, I see AG and 15 going to GS for 2 and us picking LaMelo. But, my faith in this front office doing anything outside of what they’ve been doing since they drafted Giannis, which is just trying to find the next Giannis, is super minimal.

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Something tells me I'm going to spend the early hours of the morning defending whoever we draft that isn't a guy like Nesmith or Bane. 

We need playmakers and shooters. In this draft that is also the players with the most talent. No excuse for management this year. The players even have nice wingspans. One the top guards is 6'5" with 7 foot wingspans and very good shooter and playmaker. 

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If, and at this point it’s a big if, we make a move, I see AG and 15 going to GS for 2 and us picking LaMelo. But, my faith in this front office doing anything outside of what they’ve been doing since they drafted Giannis, which is just trying to find the next Giannis, is super minimal.

That is a big IF for me too. From Weltman's answers during his pre-draft press conference and our previous drafts strategy, the odds are we're staying with #15.

But the more I read and watch, the more I fall in love with Killian Hayes. To be sure of having him, we would have to go for CLE or ATL picks but it's hard to see a fair way to get it. Maybe a AG+Fournier+#15 for Drummond+#5...

45 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

uuuuuugh the mere thought

51 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Drafting Precious won't cause me to riot, but a draft day trade for Westbrook would

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

It normally good to have balance and vet leadership. Normally not good for all young players 

I agree, but the post specifically said "go younger", and you don't normally do that by trading a guy who is only 25, like AG - you normally are referring to guys around 30 or older. Of the guys currently under contract, we only have one guy "over" 30 right now:

Aminu - 30, Vucevic - 29, Ross - 29, Birch - 28, Fournier - 27

Gordon - 25, Isaac - 23, Fultz/Bamba/Okeke - 22

Until I looked it up, I forgot that Ross and Birch are actually both older than Fournier. 

46 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Drafting Precious won't cause me to riot, but a draft day trade for Westbrook would

Trade for Westbrook and draft Precious. I'll probably find a new sport to follow at that point.

4 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Vassell - Lewis - Josh Green - Bane - Hampton - McDaniels - Terry

I think/hope we come away with one of these players.

Not Green or McDaniels, as neither is a reliable shooter. We don't need another 6'9+" tall string bean, so that's a second strike against McDaniels. I think Vassell or Lewis might be picked before us, possibly both of them. It might be a little bit of a stretch to reach for Bane or Terry at 15, which leaves Hampton. Having said that, I would like to see us pick Vassell, Saddiq Bey, or Nesmith, if one is available. I would probably be okay with Hampton, Anthony, Maxey, Maledon, Lewis, Bane or Terry. 

FWIW my (non Poku) board for the Magic is:

Kira Lewis

Tyrese Maxey

Tyrell Terry

Cole Anthony

Josh Green

RJ Hampton

Desmond Bane

Aaron Nesmith

In that order. Haven't included Hayes or Vassell because I don't think they'll be on the board but they'd be top two in that order.