TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

I hope we swing big in this draft. We’re obviously not close to competing as a top 4 team in the East and at 15 if you don’t hit a home run you’ll sign a vet anyway to take those minutes. Who do you all think are the home run swing picks? I’ve been spending too much time the ringer’s website so I think it’s Hayes (if we can move up), Terry, and Poku. 

I hate myself for being away so long, I haven’t paid attention to the NBA or draft stuff all year.

At the top of my wish list is a shooter to put next to Fultz.  Are there any legit 3&D players available in our zone?

17 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I hate myself for being away so long, I haven’t paid attention to the NBA or draft stuff all year.

At the top of my wish list is a shooter to put next to Fultz.  Are there any legit 3&D players available in our zone?

Vassell, Bey, Green and Bane. Nesmith has the best shot but might not be a defensive stopper. Vassell, meanwhile, is supposedly the best wing defender of the class and has a great stroke.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I like several of the guards in this class. If we select another center or a wing who can’t shoot, I’ll lose my mind.

Or a guard that can’t shoot. Our draft board should be draft the best shooter available regardless of position, in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Or a guard that can’t shoot. Our draft board should be draft the best shooter available regardless of position, in my opinion.

I think you have to go BPA (best player available), but I think that the assessment of BPA has to be heavily weighted in favor of shooting, so we're sort of on the same page there. 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yessss. Get a Duncan Robinson or Tyler Herro

Something tells me I'm going to spend the early hours of the morning defending whoever we draft that isn't a guy like Nesmith or Bane. 

Unless we draft Precious. Then I riot with the rest of you. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

That makes sense only if it says Vucevic, Aminu and Fournier, as They are all in the 28-31 range. AG is still only 25.

It normally good to have balance and vet leadership. Normally not good for all young players