TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

Jonathan Wasserman's final Bleacher Report mock for 2020 has us getting Kira Lewis at 15 and Nico Mannion at 45. I'd say that's a pretty good draft if it happens. Not ground breaking or super exciting but good value with both picks. He does mention we seem to be Kira's floor at 15 and that teams in the top 10 are looking at him. 

Its seeming like the experts are between Lewis Jr, Maxey, and Hampton. What are your guys thoughts? Personally I’m not really big on any, I was hoping we’d find more of a polished and consistent 3 point scorer  

1 hour ago, Captain said:

Its seeming like the experts are between Lewis Jr, Maxey, and Hampton. What are your guys thoughts? Personally I’m not really big on any, I was hoping we’d find more of a polished and consistent 3 point scorer  

Dont want most of those. I want at 15: Cole Anthony, Lewis jr, nesmith, or Tyrell Terry 

3 hours ago, Captain said:

I’m hoping to somehow make two picks in the lottery. Lol! The guy I’ve come to like as a SG is Vassell, but he’ll probably be gone unless we move up. The guy that scares me is Hampton. 

28 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m hoping to somehow make two picks in the lottery. Lol! The guy I’ve come to like as a SG is Vassell, but he’ll probably be gone unless we move up. The guy that scares me is Hampton. 

Yup. High bust chance and not a proven shooter. If he can't shoot, he will not be good for fultz.

Is there an analyst who is usually spot on for the draft? Kinda like a Mel Kiper for the NBA? And if so, barring no trade, who are they predicting for us to take?

Not that we've got any chance of drafting him anyway but Anthony Edwards has got quotes on an ESPN article that basically imply he doesn't watch basketball, prefers playing football and wants to be a rapper. That is incredibly worrying for any team using a top 5 pick on him.

• Upvote 1

We should try to trade Vuc and Ross to the Warriors for Wiggins, the 2nd Pick and the TPE (Iguodala). If needed we include our 15th Pick.

Then draft Edwards with the 2nd Pick.

We could start the season with Fournier in the starting-five and switch him later in the season with Edwards. Then we could still decide, if we want to trade Fournier and his expiring contract for future assets (Picks).

If Edwards goes Nr. 1 in the Draft, we should trade the 2nd Pick for a top 10 Pick + assets. The Bulls would then be a perfect tradepartner. Send Fournier, 2nd Pick an Aminu (+ fillers if needed) to the Bulls for the 4th Pick, LaVine and Young. The Bulls then could pick Lamlo Ball and get a lot of capspace for next year to land a big free agent. With the 4th Pick we could select Hayes, Haliburton or Vassell. Then use the MLE for a veteran Center (Whiteside, Gasol, Plumlee, Baynes etc.)

Our roster for next season would look like this:

With Edwards:

Starters: Fultz/Edwards/Wiggins/Gordon/Bamba

Bench: FA PG (Bradley? or Dunn?) / Fournier/ Okeke / Aminu / FA C (Plumlee?)

With Bulls-Trade:

Starters: Fultz/LaVine/Wiggins/Gordon/Bamba

Bench: Hayes / Okeke / Young / FA C (Plumlee?)

14 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

We should try to trade Vuc and Ross to the Warriors for Wiggins, the 2nd Pick and the TPE (Iguodala). If needed we include our 15th Pick.

We could start the season with Fournier in the starting-five and switch him later in the season with Edwards. Then we could still decide, if we want to trade Fournier and his expiring contract for future assets (Picks).

If Edwards goes Nr. 1 in the Draft, we should trade the 2nd Pick for a top 10 Pick + assets. The Bulls would then be a perfect tradepartner. Send Fournier, 2nd Pick an Aminu (+ fillers if needed) to the Bulls for the 4th Pick, LaVine and Young. The Bulls then could pick Lamlo Ball and get a lot of capspace for next year to land a big free agent. With the 4th Pick we could select Hayes, Haliburton or Vassell. Then use the MLE for a veteran Center (Whiteside, Gasol, Plumlee, Baynes etc.)

With Edwards:

With Bulls-Trade:

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not that we've got any chance of drafting him anyway but Anthony Edwards has got quotes on an ESPN article that basically imply he doesn't watch basketball, prefers playing football and wants to be a rapper. That is incredibly worrying for any team using a top 5 pick on him.

1 hour ago, matthi32 said:

With Edwards:

With Bulls-Trade:

I've come to conclusions that we are not trading vuc. If we did trade him it would not be with ross. I think management thinks really highly of vuch. I believe isaac is the reason Gordon is being shopped. I don't want to lose Gordon but we are loaded at PF.