TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

17 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

honestly, unless we make moves that full on tank this season, i'm not expecting any of our rookies (Okeke & whoever we pick at 15) to play early on. 

Where have you been hiding, Nyce?

Interesting info on Cole Anthony...

Has was the #2 out of ESPN’s top 100 coming out of high school. Given that he often played with two non-shooting bigs at UNC, analysts expect him to have higher shooting percentages in the pros.

Edit: This guy was the MVP of pretty much every tournament his senior year of high school. If we didn’t have Fultz, this type of scoring point guard is the exact type of player I’d want on the Magic. Hmmm...

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Has was the #2 out of ESPN’s top 100 coming out of high school. Given that he often played with two non-shooting bigs at UNC, analysts expect him to have higher shooting percentages in the pros.

Edit: This guy was the MVP of pretty much every tournament his senior year of high school. If we didn’t have Fultz, this type of scoring point guard is the exact type of player I’d want on the Magic. Hmmm...

I’m intrigued by Anthony too. I didn’t realize he was Greg Anthony’s son until recently either. I like Fultz a lot but I don’t think we should let his presence dictate our draft. This was his first healthy season and he still can’t shoot normally from 3. I’m rooting for him but he wouldn’t stop me from draft another PG. especially since he’s got some size to defend SG if necessary

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Where have you been hiding, Nyce?

What's up Bro. 

Life has just been busy. between kids, COVID, and moving back to Orlando-area, hectic year. Always watching games and keeping up. My favorite time of the year (draft, free agency, and TRADES), I figure I jump on my desktop and pop in. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

What's up Bro. 

Life has just been busy. between kids, COVID, and moving back to Orlando-area, hectic year. Always watching games and keeping up. My favorite time of the year (draft, free agency, and TRADES), I figure I jump on my desktop and pop in. 

Good hearing from you!

27 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

What's up Bro. 

Welcome back!

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

He is on my list of players I would get. I think he has high ceiling. He does have injury issues. He could become a go too scorer. 

I'd take Bane over Nesmith. I'm a sucker for smart player who are willing passers. Think Joe Harris next to Fultz. Hopefully that wingspan isn't an issue.

Bane does look good. Happy with either Bane, Maxey or Anthony. Anthony could still be that alpha dog scorer we need. Worth the risk! Don’t lose that talent over one season in college. 

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

I'd take Bane over Nesmith. I'm a sucker for smart player who are willing passers. Think Joe Harris next to Fultz. Hopefully that wingspan isn't an issue.

I’d love to get a point guard AND a guy like Bane. Given Isaac’s injury, I think this is the year to move on from some vets and get fresh talent on the team.