TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

Kirs would be an interesting pick. Different style PG than Fultz or anyone Clifford has had here. Could bring a different dimension to the team with his speed, but also I don’t know if he could next to Fultz, so would be interesting to see how that would work.

Also allows me to use Jojo memes

Teams are only permitted 10 in person workouts with prospects this year so I can imagine any prospect you hear about us working out there is some real interest in. Interestingly Kira has also worked out for a bunch of lottery teams (Pistons, Knicks etc) so we might be hoping he falls more than expecting him to be there.

On 10/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, CTMagicUK said:

I'm not sure I buy any of these "combine" measurements. Some of the stuff coming out is insane. Udoka Azubuike is 7 feet tall with a 7'7 wingspan and a 41 inch max vert apparently. I don't know what to make of that... 

That surname comes with freakish athleticism

• Like 1

Naji Marshall is another guy to look out for in the second round for us I think. 6'7 wing with a 7'1 ish wingspan. Can't shoot (lol) but he's actually a really interesting player who I think could contribute regardless but who could be a steal if his jumper develops. 

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Naji Marshall is another guy to look out for in the second round for us I think. 6'7 wing with a 7'1 ish wingspan. Can't shoot (lol) but he's actually a really interesting player who I think could contribute regardless but who could be a steal if his jumper develops. 

Pass

Kevin O Connor's mock at The Ringer got updated today. In it we pick Maxey at #15 but in his little blurb he does say: 

"League sources say the Magic are attempting to move up into the lottery"

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Kevin O Connor's mock at The Ringer got updated today. In it we pick Maxey at #15 but in his little blurb he does say: 

"League sources say the Magic are attempting to move up into the lottery"

Seems like he can get a shot off the dribble which is fine but would thinking is is more of a PG than a SG

2 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Seems like he can get a shot off the dribble which is fine but would thinking is is more of a PG than a SG

He's a combo guard. Not really big enough to be called a 2 (although he has a decent wingspan) and not really good enough with his handle and passing to be a 1. He fits quite well with Fultz though if his 3 point jumper falls because on offense hes better off ball either spotting up or attacking a scrambling defense and on defense hes a good point of attack defender which could free Fultz up to be a pest off ball with his length. 

It really all depends on his jumper. It didn't go in as much as you'd like in college but small sample size and he has a bunch of positive indicators that suggest it'll be better. 

17 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's a combo guard. Not really big enough to be called a 2 (although he has a decent wingspan) and not really good enough with his handle and passing to be a 1. He fits quite well with Fultz though if his 3 point jumper falls because on offense hes better off ball either spotting up or attacking a scrambling defense and on defense hes a good point of attack defender which could free Fultz up to be a pest off ball with his length. 

It really all depends on his jumper. It didn't go in as much as you'd like in college but small sample size and he has a bunch of positive indicators that suggest it'll be better. 

id rather have Lewis or Anthony as playmakers. They also have good upside and can play next to fultz.