TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

7 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Noone is as good at digging as yourself for information it seems lol

I'm just bored, working from home with a lot of time on my hands lol.

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm just bored, working from home with a lot of time on my hands lol.

Give me some, please!!!!!

Justinian Jessup would be a fun pick at 45, 6'7 lefty with a great jumper and deep range. Already signed a pro deal in Australia so could stash him there for a year to see how he develops with big minutes in a pro league and bring him over next year. 

Ultimately though I have a feeling we'll trade our second rounder for a future second and cash again. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Justinian Jessup would be a fun pick at 45, 6'7 lefty with a great jumper and deep range. Already signed a pro deal in Australia so could stash him there for a year to see how he develops with big minutes in a pro league and bring him over next year. 

Ultimately though I have a feeling we'll trade our second rounder for a future second and cash again. 

you gave me a new reason to watch the nbl. cheers!

If we pick Precious Achiuwa I'm going to be leading the petition to fire Weltman and Hammond. I'm not ever against picking BPA regardless of position but 1. I can't see a world where Precious Achiuwa is BPA at 15 2. You have to have a plan for draft picks and drafting a PF (he's a small ball C really) when there are no minutes for him is a sure fire way for a guys value to tank and development to stall.

It is important to remember that we are the quietest front office in the league basically. Nobody mocked Okeke to us last year, there's no rumours to go off so people are just guessing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If we pick Precious Achiuwa I'm going to be leading the petition to fire Weltman and Hammond. I'm not ever against picking BPA regardless of position but 1. I can't see a world where Precious Achiuwa is BPA at 15 2. You have to have a plan for draft picks and drafting a PF (he's a small ball C really) when there are no minutes for him is a sure fire way for a guys value to tank and development to stall.

It is important to remember that we are the quietest front office in the league basically. Nobody mocked Okeke to us last year, there's no rumours to go off so people are just guessing.

Hahahahah

Just for fun I worked out there are 18 guys picked after us in that Sam Vecinie mock that I'd rather have than Precious. Including the guy we get at 45, Jahmi'us Ramsey (though he's probably the last of the 18).

14 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yeah his reasoning is just that “Orlando has a type” which is annoying on so many levels. It is as if he got to Orlando and just decided to punt on actually trying to guess what will happen and what it would mean for the team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Yeah his reasoning is just that “Orlando has a type” which is annoying on so many levels. It is as if he got to Orlando and just decided to punt on actually trying to guess what will happen and what it would mean for the team

It doesn't matter what article it is, anywhere, we are an afterthought and noone gives a crap about what would make us better.