TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That’s exactly the type of player we need

Don't get me wrong he's 160lbs at the moment. He's going to get bullied on defense his first few years in the league. But he does play defense, he rotates when he needs to and helps in the right places which bodes well. On offense his handle isn't as tight as you'd like and I've seen some scouts suggest that's as a result of his lack of weight and strength (i.e. he gets knocked off the ball too easily) but besides that he's a solid passer, really good finisher at the rim for his size and has a great jumper. He's not going to make much of an impact his first couple years in the league, his defense will limit his floor time and his handle will limit him to playing off ball but by all accounts his feel for the game is off the charts (there was some story about how he'd tested really well in team meetings) and he's a hard worker so by the time he's reaching the end of his rookie deal he could be a really good player. 

If Vassell is there some teams have *****ed up. He shouldn't make it out of the top 10. The two prospects I most want to fall are Hayes and Vassell. I've seen both mocked as low as 14-15 range but they're both top 7-8 picks easily in my mind.

But yea if Vassell is on the board he's a no brainer pick for this FO. Combining Vassell's defense with a healthy Isaac would make for an ungodly defense. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If Vassell is there some teams have *****ed up. He shouldn't make it out of the top 10. The two prospects I most want to fall are Hayes and Vassell. I've seen both mocked as low as 14-15 range but they're both top 7-8 picks easily in my mind.

But yea if Vassell is on the board he's a no brainer pick for this FO. Combining Vassell's defense with a healthy Isaac would make for an ungodly defense. 

Healthy Isaac being a big question mark at this point though

On 9/5/2020 at 9:29 PM, CTMagicUK said:

I'm still high on Tyrrell Terry. 

I watched his highlights and he reminds me of JJ Redick but seems to be just pop a shot more so than coming off screens. He would be a good choice for us however also having Ross would that be too much of just jacking shots? 

40 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I watched his highlights and he reminds me of JJ Redick but seems to be just pop a shot more so than coming off screens. He would be a good choice for us however also having Ross would that be too much of just jacking shots? 

well JJ had to learn that stuff just to get minutes. Fingers crossed we get someone with talent AND drive to improve

5 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

He's a point guard though so he can do more than just jack shots. His role in the NBA for the first couple of years would probably be more off ball but no I don't think more shooting would be a negative on this team.

45 minutes ago, JayMac said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2905670-2020-nba-drafts-best-kept-secrets

A BR article pointing out some potential late 2nd round sleepers that I did not know about and haven't seen in the mock drafts.

Isaiah Joe profile looks interesting, eventually pairing with Fultz, and very worth the bet with our #45 pick. Or even Naji Marshall.

Joe is intriguing. Merill is as well, because while  it’s impossible to say he will be able to translate his skill when he is playing against nba athletes, you can’t knock the shooting