TrueBlueDrew

2020 Official Draft Thread

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

SF/PF with limited offense or Center who's not physically imposing. That's what I would go for

I've seen you be sarcastic before, but not playing a deadpan devil's advocate. Yikes, Mauro ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I've seen you be sarcastic before, but not playing a deadpan devil's advocate. Yikes, Mauro ;)

Hahaha, it’s one of my favorite forms of comedy

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone, hope you and your beloved ones are all safe and well.

Do you guys know until when does Fournier have to announce if he opts-in or not of the last year of his contract?

I have been going through the profiles of some draft candidates and free agents that we could have a go this summer while trying to set up plan(s) to make us competitive both in the near and long terms but this "variable" keeps coming up quite frequently...

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, JayMac said:

Hi everyone, hope you and your beloved ones are all safe and well.

Do you guys know until when does Fournier have to announce if he opts-in or not of the last year of his contract?

I have been going through the profiles of some draft candidates and free agents that we could have a go this summer while trying to set up plan(s) to make us competitive both in the near and long terms but this "variable" keeps coming up quite frequently...

A quick search tells me his deadline is the 29th June. No idea how accurate the source is.

Be interesting to see what he does. Can't imagine he won't opt in. Saying that with everything going on the salary cap will probably drop at some point in the coming years so does it make more sense for him to lock in a long contract this summer on a potential decrease in salary than gamble that next summer he'll be able to get equivalent value in a potentially different climate.

I like Vernon Carey a lot. He scores from all over the court, he's an immense finisher around the rim. He's a great rebounder. He's strong, he's fast up and down the court. He's probably not laterally quick enough to play the 4 but he's strong enough to bang in the post. He's only 19 and his father was an NFL player so he'll know what hard work it takes to succeed. He's not at the top of my board for us but this is such a weak class that I really can't understand how he's getting mocked in the late 20s.