Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Heat - Wednesday, March 4 @ 7:00 P.M.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, I guess I’ve started to look at us and temper my expectations based on our record right now, not last season, not our playoff seeding. We’re 8 games under .500, We’re 4-26 against teams over .500, with the last win coming on January 15th. This team is just plain bad, so when I can judge them through that lens, I’d call tonight a good effort.

to be fair we played well and still lost. that is not a good sign for the most part. The only thing that makes me think anything is the fact it took the Heat to make their franchise best in 3s and still only beat us by 3. I honestly fancy our chances against them in the playoffs. Anybody but the Bucks in the first round

At the cost of being repetitive, it's true that they've made some difficult 3's, but we also conceded some wide open ones, and the adjustments were.. well, we already know that.

As I've wrote in the last few games, we can't really win in a sustained way if we concede +50% in both FG and 3pFG. Since the break, last 6 games, we're 28th in defensive ratings. That's just completely unacceptable for a team designed to be a defensive-long arms one, with a def minded coach. We should win our games with defense, not lose them with it.

https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&LastNGames=6

• Like 1

16 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, I guess I’ve started to look at us and temper my expectations based on our record right now, not last season, not our playoff seeding. We’re 8 games under .500, We’re 4-26 against teams over .500, with the last win coming on January 15th. This team is just plain bad, so when I can judge them through that lens, I’d call tonight a good effort.

The fact that we beat up on bad teams means we’re above “plain bad” but it’s not enough to be a first round door mat.

16 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Clifford taking responsibility for the loss hahahahahaha. Same crap 

Not the same at all. He typically blames the players and absolves himself. 

23 hours ago, jec said:

The fact that we beat up on bad teams means we’re above “plain bad” but it’s not enough to be a first round door mat.

You’re right, we’re not just plain bad, that was a heat of the moment comment after a hard loss to the in state rival. It’s just disheartening to take such a drastic step back after last year to be an almost guaranteed loss to a winning team

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

You’re right, we’re not just plain bad, that was a heat of the moment comment after a hard loss to the in state rival. It’s just disheartening to take such a drastic step back after last year to be an almost guaranteed loss to a winning team

If we finish 7th and J.I is back I'm almost feeling to guarantee we win the series if it's Vs the Heat or Raptors

21 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

If we finish 7th and J.I is back I'm almost feeling to guarantee we win the series if it's Vs the Heat or Raptors

I feel more comfortable going up against the Raptors than the Heat due to the fact the Heat tend to shoot lights out against us. I can dig this though! 

17 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I feel more comfortable going up against the Raptors than the Heat due to the fact the Heat tend to shoot lights out against us. I can dig this though! 

They can't hit franchise records every game. We match up well. I got a really weird feeling we come out the first round. If we finish 7th

25 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

They can't hit franchise records every game. We match up well. I got a really weird feeling we come out the first round. If we finish 7th

Yeah I know they can’t do that but Jimmy Butler usually bullies his way to the rim against us and gets to the free throw line at will. I can only assume he is going to get the benefit of the whistle especially in the playoffs. Throw in Duncan who lights us up every time and if Tyler Herro comes back who is also a sharp shooter and it’s a recipe for disaster. That’s the only reason I prefer the Raptors over the Heat but I’d take either team if it means we don’t face the Bucks in the first round. Obviously JI would be a big factor in either matchup because we would be able to defend both of those teams leaps and bounds better with him on the floor. I really hope we can get the 7th seed and pull off an upset!

25 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Yeah I know they can’t do that but Jimmy Butler usually bullies his way to the rim against us and gets to the free throw line at will. I can only assume he is going to get the benefit of the whistle especially in the playoffs. Throw in Duncan who lights us up every time and if Tyler Herro comes back who is also a sharp shooter and it’s a recipe for disaster. That’s the only reason I prefer the Raptors over the Heat but I’d take either team if it means we don’t face the Bucks in the first round. Obviously JI would be a big factor in either matchup because we would be able to defend both of those teams leaps and bounds better with him on the floor. I really hope we can get the 7th seed and pull off an upset!

If Isaac is back it changes EVERYTHING

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

If Isaac is back it changes EVERYTHING

No it won't... IF JI comes back he'll be beyond rusty and out of game shape because of such a long absence.

1 hour ago, DirtDan2012 said:

No it won't... IF JI comes back he'll be beyond rusty and out of game shape because of such a long absence.

Nope he is a difference maker