Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Trailblazers - Monday, March 2 at 7:00 P.M.

I’m as big a hater of Vooch/Evan as there is, and I’m done with Cliff as well, but if we take a step back and look at it. Tonight showed just how little depth and how poorly constructed this roster is. We started *****in Ennis and Clark! Clark was waived and Ennis would have been as wel  if we didn’t stupidly send a second rounder for him. It begs belief. One of the highest paid rosters in the league for that kind of depth? We are light years away

2 hours ago, harley said:

I’m as big a hater of Vooch/Evan as there is, and I’m done with Cliff as well, but if we take a step back and look at it. Tonight showed just how little depth and how poorly constructed this roster is. We started *****in Ennis and Clark! Clark was waived and Ennis would have been as wel  if we didn’t stupidly send a second rounder for him. It begs belief. One of the highest paid rosters in the league for that kind of depth? We are light years away

Our arguably two best players were out

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in (with the win streak).

Then they served up this same old s*** and it reminded me why I gave up on this season weeks ago. Things need to change. We can't sneak into 7th in this weak a** division and call it a win. Management has to grow some balls and make some big decisions on some guys that have been around for years. Has to be a discussion about Clifford too I think.

Just a couple observations.

This team needs AG more than many realized a few weeks ago

. Not big into calling for peoples jobs but Clifford is probably a great assistant coach. The way he used (or didn't use ) Fultz in this game was criminal. Markelle was the only magic player putting any pressure on Portland at all. The kid was on a roll and the team had a chance with him in there. Instead of giving him a little blow at the end of the third and then getting him back in there Clifford sits him for eight minutes until the game is out of reach, again criminal.

One last thing this team should instead of looking for length look for shooters.

9 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

This team is trash, our offensive sets are trash, and our head coach is trash. Time for a new franchise from top to bottom. 

Yeah so bummed i didn't even watch the game and i had the time. I knew we were getting punked by a Lilliard less Portland team.

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

“We’ve got too many guys not interested in playing defense” - Cliff.

+1 to everyone pointing to the last of adjustments and accountability. Just empty words.

He also added that he didn't seen it coming.. I wonder why, it was already pretty evident in the last few games and so I pointed after the Spurs loss (see post below). We were even worst than that against the Blazers, and good luck that Lillard was injured, or we would have got 150.

At least last season we were good on defense, now we're mediocre even at that. And considering how the roster is constructed, it's just not acceptable. (no excueses with injuries, we were not that good in the first part of the season either...)

On 3/1/2020 at 12:41 PM, Luke_FfS said:

It was good to win a few games in a row as it was hard to take this loss, but even when we won, we did thanks to some offensive outburst of our players, while we should be a better defensive team than that. Defense should been our strenght, our main focus, and lately is missing. If you let the Spurs shot 52%, and 45% from 3, you're putting yourself into troubles.

https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&LastNGames=4

6 hours ago, harley said:

This is why i can't stand the defenders on this site. We really are light years away. So many mistakes. We are basically the Suns and Knicks right now. We need new ownership, i can't even get excited about the future, we have no future! Except for a few games a year. we are a very boring team to watch. There is no easy change for this either without some sacrifice. Those draft picks some of you swear are gold will have to be used to get rid of some of these players. The worst thing about our mediocre players is all the playing time they get. During this whole rebuild we hardly take any chances on undrafted or underused players. 

Sure, when we have injuries whatever poor stiffs our management have cobbled together get minutes.Mostly when everyone is healthy it's the same ****. Checking the Box score it's amazing everyone got on the floor last night. Thinking back it's been this way the whole 8 years. **** players getting 40 minutes a game because our latest coach wants to save his job. Clifford is not the best coach but please stop blaming him. Look how Vogel is doing in L.A. We need talent. The reason i'm so pissed off is i fooled myself thinking the Fultz trade was the beginning of something. Instead they just ran it back, happy they got a former number 1 pick for nothing.

The sky is not falling. We were missing Aaron Gordon and y’all underestimate Isaac. I agree Clifford doesn’t seem like a good fit. And Vuc sucks. I’m fine with Evan as a scorer but he isn’t necessary for our future and is infinitely more moveable than Vuc.