Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Mavericks - Friday, February 21st at 7:00 P.M.

52 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Isn't that kind of an issue though? Shouldn't Cliff be able to recognize things that might be short term detriments with the potential for long term benefit? He seems incapable of that. 

Same thing when Bamba is held ultra accountable and Vooch is allowed to play like **** with impunity. It's not even like he has to just accept the "young guys need playing time" argument and just blindly play him... Bamba has been objectively improving and earning more minutes, yet doesn't get them.

Probably. 

It's just probably a tougher decision than we make it out to be. If our issues are offense and shooting it's difficult to make the decision to move away from our "best" two offensive players. Fultz keeps slowly getting more responsibility so we probably feel like we're balancing today and growth. 

We're just really in a tough position for the next 27 or whatever games. The more we go away from Vucevic the worse his impact is. On the flip side the more we go away from fournier the more improved he becomes. 

But we have to win basketball games. But Bamba specifically seems hindered by the tight leash Clifford has him on. And fultz seems ready to take on the role we need him to take but there's still mistakes he makes as a young player that hurt us sometimes. 

I'm on team "hand the keys over to the young guys and let them be responsible for our success or failure" but I also recognize that it's easy for me to say that because I want to maximize the future while Clifford is more focused on Dallas and it's difficult to change a team's identity mid season. 

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Probably. 

It's just probably a tougher decision than we make it out to be. If our issues are offense and shooting it's difficult to make the decision to move away from our "best" two offensive players. Fultz keeps slowly getting more responsibility so we probably feel like we're balancing today and growth. 

We're just really in a tough position for the next 27 or whatever games. The more we go away from Vucevic the worse his impact is. On the flip side the more we go away from fournier the more improved he becomes. 

But we have to win basketball games. But Bamba specifically seems hindered by the tight leash Clifford has him on. And fultz seems ready to take on the role we need him to take but there's still mistakes he makes as a young player that hurt us sometimes. 

I'm on team "hand the keys over to the young guys and let them be responsible for our success or failure" but I also recognize that it's easy for me to say that because I want to maximize the future while Clifford is more focused on Dallas and it's difficult to change a team's identity mid season. 

I mean, I am not sure what more Clifford wants out of Bamba.

Last 10 games: 13 minutes. Shooting 59/50/87, 6 points, 3.5 rebounds, .7 assists, .4 steals, 1.7 blocks, 1.8 PF.

Our team has actually been better with him on the court than Vuch over those 10 games.

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Probably. 

Well put.

2 hours ago, Odin said:

I mean, I am not sure what more Clifford wants out of Bamba.

Last 10 games: 13 minutes. Shooting 59/50/87, 6 points, 3.5 rebounds, .7 assists, .4 steals, 1.7 blocks, 1.8 PF.

Our team has actually been better with him on the court than Vuch over those 10 games.

Yep.  My worry is that if Bamba's recent play hasn't earned him more opportunities, I'm not sure what it will take short of Vooch no longer wearing a Magic uniform.  And maybe for Clifford that IS what it will take, which is disappointing.

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Oh great the guys hurts his ankle and now wants to come back although he’s hurt. We need healthy players on the court. I’m ready for DJ and his shooting to return and help us but not if he’s injured. 

Even if DJ does not come off the bench as the back up pg, at some point Cliff needs to have him play off ball with Fultz at the point guard position. We need DJ's scoring from the perimeter. That opens it up for Fultz to drive the paint with lay ups. The Mavericks would have to pick their poison.

Damn I really wanted to go to this one. 

so hyped

lets finish the season strong bois

43 minutes ago, jec said:

Damn I really wanted to go to this one. 

so hyped

lets finish the season strong bois

I have yet to get to a game in the new arena, but I am glad to have gotten to the game in Charlotte.  It is always good to see a win.