Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Mavericks - Friday, February 21st at 7:00 P.M.

8 minutes ago, jec said:

We don’t really have many scoring options. He’s a streaky shooter so that’s gonna happen.

I understand shooters are streaky, but when he's off we don't need him forcing up off balance contested 3's just for the hell of it.  I'm unsure if Clifford is pushing him to try to carry that second unit but it's a bad look.  Clifford should be able to get us better looks than Ross coming around screens the whole time he's in there.  I dread seeing Ross enter the game because ball movement will stop and he will come out jacking up everything.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Streaky lol. He is a chucker most games. Gotta be leading the league in contested shots taken. His good streaks are few and far between. And for all his athletic abilities he can’t defend for sh**. There are zero stars on this team. Ball movement should’ve been our number one objective but we have players who just want to get theirs. Ross and Vooch namely. 

His shots are contested because there’s no one else in the second unit that can make plays, shoot, or create their own shot. He’s on an island out there and is the focus of defenses.

poor roster construction 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Streaky lol. He is a chucker most games. Gotta be leading the league in contested shots taken. His good streaks are few and far between. And for all his athletic abilities he can’t defend for sh**. There are zero stars on this team. Ball movement should’ve been our number one objective but we have players who just want to get theirs. Ross and Vooch namely. 

Ross is at .469 points per touch which is near the top of the league amongst qualified players 

15 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Today’s nba is all about chucking up threes

40 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

His shots are contested because there’s no one else in the second unit that can make plays, shoot, or create their own shot. He’s on an island out there and is the focus of defenses.

poor roster construction 

I agree with the poor roster, but when he is the only one plays are designed for, well you get what we have. Very BAD offense!

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Again with the advanced stats. Rolls eyes

What’s your counter argument 

1 hour ago, jec said:

What’s your counter argument 

He either shoots you into the game or completely shoots you out of it. I rather not live and die on a lifetime bench player. He is great at one thing though, flopping on his 3 pt. attempts. 

43 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He either shoots you into the game or completely shoots you out of it. I rather not live and die on a lifetime bench player. He is great at one thing though, flopping on his 3 pt. attempts. 

Yeah a streaky shooter

i agree I hate that flopping crap

8 hours ago, jec said:

Yeah a streaky shooter

i agree I hate that flopping crap

To be fair he usually doesn’t flop on those calls. If you notice the defender closes out too hard and doesn’t give him room to land once he goes up for his shot. That’s the reason why he gets fouled so many times when he shoots the 3. He may exaggerate a little to sell it more like most NBA players nowadays, but you always have to give the shooter room to land. 

12 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

poor roster construction 

I don’t buy this argument at all.  

The  problem is poor offense construction.  Bamba, Iwundu, Augustin (when he’s healthy), Gordon who’s often out with the second unit, Clark, can all shoot the three and have a decent chance of hitting if open.  Of course once Ross starts taking all the shots, no one else can get into rhythm.  With better ball movement everyone would look better.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I don’t buy this argument at all.  

The  problem is poor offense construction.  Bamba, Iwundu, Augustin (when he’s healthy), Gordon who’s often out with the second unit, Clark, can all shoot the three and have a decent chance of hitting if open.  Of course once Ross starts taking all the shots, no one else can get into rhythm.  With better ball movement everyone would look better.  

None of those guys can create their own shot reliably