Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Mavericks - Friday, February 21st at 7:00 P.M.

I think Gordon will improve when we get rid of Vucevic.  The buddy ball play limits his effectiveness.  We've already seen the Chemistry between Fultz and Gordon. With Fultz initiating the offense Gordon gets easy baskets. I'd Keep Fournier because he's useful in todays game.  My dream offseason would see us trade Vucevic, Ross, Aminu and find complementary pieces to add around a core of Fultz, Isaac, and Gordon.  If our Redshirt rookie renders Gordon trade able then we consider moving him for a significant piece.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I wasn't going to add to this discussion. . .Oh, what the heck!

In my opinion, the collection of players we have are of the Chris Duhon mold (nothing more than bench cheerleaders).

I wouldn’t go that far

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason said:

I think Gordon will improve when we get rid of Vucevic.  The buddy ball play limits his effectiveness.  We've already seen the Chemistry between Fultz and Gordon. With Fultz initiating the offense Gordon gets easy baskets. I'd Keep Fournier because he's useful in todays game.  My dream offseason would see us trade Vucevic, Ross, Aminu and find complementary pieces to add around a core of Fultz, Isaac, and Gordon.  If our Redshirt rookie renders Gordon trade able then we consider moving him for a significant piece.

Nice post!  I believe Gordon is just fed up with buddy ball. And as I’ve said before, we will not change our direction until we stop running our offense through vooch. It’s archaic. It plays to no ones strength except him. Clifford is just as lame as this offense. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Nice post!  I believe Gordon is just fed up with buddy ball. And as I’ve said before, we will not change our direction until we stop running our offense through vooch. It’s archaic. It plays to no ones strength except him. Clifford is just as lame as this offense. 

+1 I would upvote this post if I could. My sentiments exactly along with most on this board. We need a big change and it needs to happen this offseason. We don’t need to evaluate this team anymore we need to dismantle it starting with Vuc and his laughable effort. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jec said:
2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I wasn't going to add to this discussion. . .Oh, what the heck!

In my opinion, the collection of players we have are of the Chris Duhon mold (nothing more than bench cheerleaders).

I wouldn’t go that far

I'm not saying that ALL of the team is Duhon-like. What I meant, Jec is that we are not getting balanced scoring. We are not scoring by committee. We have no idea how effective the starters and bench collectively can be in scoring because we have only 4 maybe five players who are showing any ability to make shots. The rest can only cheer from the sideline.

I don't know whose fault it is, but maybe there are players who are not showing the skills or ability to score in practice.

Edit: I look at the way the Mavericks were moving the ball. No 2 or 3 players were given the ball to make shots. They moved the ball around so fast with players attacking the paint and shooting from 3 pt. range. It made my head swim. They had the Magic scrambling on defense.

That's the way the Magic should play.

54 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm not saying that ALL of the team is Duhon-like. What I meant, Jec is that we are not getting balanced scoring. We are not scoring by committee. We have no idea how effective the starters and bench collectively can be in scoring because we have only 4 maybe five players who are showing any ability to make shots. The rest can only cheer from the sideline.

I don't know whose fault it is, but maybe there are players who are not showing the skills or ability to score in practice.

Edit: I look at the way the Mavericks were moving the ball. No 2 or 3 players were given the ball to make shots. They moved the ball around so fast with players attacking the paint and shooting from 3 pt. range. It made my head swim. They had the Magic scrambling on defense.

That's the way the Magic should play.

I blame it on the lack of a real leader in the lockerroom. None of these guys hold each other accountable.  We don’t really have that tough guy or even a guy like butler who’ll demand you work as hard as him. See what he did to Bam 

30 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I blame it on the lack of a real leader in the lockerroom. None of these guys hold each other accountable.  We don’t really have that tough guy or even a guy like butler who’ll demand you work as hard as him. See what he did to Bam 

But Gordon, remember back on January  15, 2020 when we beat the Lakers and LeBron played , we beat them 119-118? Well, the Magic had good ball movement and scored by committee. It was such a fun game to watch.

Now, I know we tend to point the finger at 'you know who', but. . .he did not play in that game.

I realize that it was one game, but one can dream.

While I get that the highest paid player should get most of the attention when we’re playing poorly he isn’t the reason why we’re bad.  He’s one of the only true starters on this team.  We aren’t good because we aren’t talented.  Isaac and Fultz are the only long term pieces here.  We needed a full scale shakeup at the deadline with Isaac out but our front office sat on their hands.  It’s reprehensible.  

3 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

Last year I was a big TRoss fan and was happy we resigned him.  This year I can't stand watching him forcing 3's and wish we could somehow move his salary. Addition by subtraction.

We don’t really have many scoring options. He’s a streaky shooter so that’s gonna happen.

11 minutes ago, jec said:

We don’t really have many scoring options. He’s a streaky shooter so that’s gonna happen.

Streaky lol. He is a chucker most games. Gotta be leading the league in contested shots taken. His good streaks are few and far between. And for all his athletic abilities he can’t defend for sh**. There are zero stars on this team. Ball movement should’ve been our number one objective but we have players who just want to get theirs. Ross and Vooch namely.