Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Mavericks - Friday, February 21st at 7:00 P.M.

2 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Didn't the Magic mess up in 2018 by winning some late games instead of tanking ? If they had lost they could have had a higher pick than number 6 where they took Bamba. I bet they still would have taken Mo anyway! Smh!

You all overestimate both this front office and the last.If we had lost enough to take Porzingus we would have misused him.If we had lost enough to be third the year Tatum was taken, Danny would have taken Tatum anyway and fleeced us for Markelle. If we had somehow gotten the third pick in the Doncic draft i bet we would have worked a trade for Ayton. This is the Orlando Magic now. I would have rather had all of you, this board being the Gm together.How would we look if we had just got Beasly at the deadline?Not even an All-star, not even a player on the national media's radar. Malik Beasly! With this defense? We can't even get the little moves right! Freaking Aminu, Ennis, WHO!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, hootie249 said:

You all overestimate both this front office and the last.If we had lost enough to take Porzingus we would have misused him.If we had lost enough to be third the year Tatum was taken, Danny would have taken Tatum anyway and fleeced us for Markelle. If we had somehow gotten the third pick in the Doncic draft i bet we would have worked a trade for Ayton. This is the Orlando Magic now. I would have rather had all of you, this board being the Gm together.How would we look if we had just got Beasly at the deadline?Not even an All-star, not even a player on the national media's radar. Malik Beasly! With this defense? We can't even get the little moves right! Freaking Aminu, Ennis, WHO!!!!!!!

Couldn’t agree more

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We already didn't miss the lack of games anymore after the break! :D Same team, same result.

Dallas is exactly the kind of team I would like us to be, in all aspects. A couple of year ago they were a mediocre bunch of role players, but their coach was still getting better results and product than their value. All of those role players were in great contract, you don't find a lot of overpaid ones. Then they pulled the trigger in two bold moves, and they have a great and young duo to build on, with still a lot of good role players on reasonable contracts that perfectly fits, and cap space in the near future still available. All the opposite (overpay - not a lot of good assets - cap hell) of what our management has done in the same - evaluating - period.

Having Carlisle at the helm obviously help to have a brighter situation, he always made the most of any kind of team is given (improving the player value in the process), he always evolve. Really really envious of their mngm and coach.

Maybe Ennis needs some time to gel with the starting lineup. Or, maybe he is a guy that has been dumped by better teams in 2 consecutive deadlines.

10 hours ago, hootie249 said:

• Downvote 2

I’m a prime venter as I truly love our team, but man it’s extremely frustrating!!!!
It feels like we’ll never get out of this mediocracy. I see other teams that pick up players after our draft choices that make impacts and it drives me crazy. I thought these guys had all this experience and Cliff was suppose to get the best out of everyone as he did last year toward the end, but I guess now that these guys have their contracts it’s a different story. I’m hoping for change this summer as I think we’ve been patient enough and mediocracy is not going cut.

38 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Debbie downer and oblivious to our problems apparently lol. I’m still a die hard Magic fan but it’s obvious this team and management isn’t cutting it. 

• Like 1