Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Mavericks - Friday, February 21st at 7:00 P.M.

sTtSyE.png

O230Yb.png

Venue:  Amway Center
TV:  Fox Sports Florida

DAL.png&w=50&h=50  33-22, 2nd in Southwest Division    |    24-31, 2nd in Southeast Division Scs8zY.png

OEWVQA.png

Y0Fp0W.gif

HiVIUz.gif

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

So glad that we finally have some Magic B-Ball to watch. :-)

I hope they play well enough that you still feel that way after the game. 

Dallas 3.5 - 4 point favorites at this point.  

Luka is gonna go off on us obviously but the key to a win tonight is playing team basketball. Not that buddy Euro ball nonsense we tend to gravitate towards. If we can defend the rest of the team and let Luka do him then we can win tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Luka is gonna go off on us obviously but the key to a win tonight is playing team basketball. Not that buddy Euro ball nonsense we tend to gravitate towards. If we can defend the rest of the team and let Luka do him then we can win tonight. 

I agree 110% and team basketball is what the Coach should preach and insist on throughout the game. I can't do it. : )

I tire out talking to the tv saying 'move the ball, move the ball!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I agree 110% and team basketball is what the Coach should preach and insist on throughout the game. I can't do it. : )

I tire out talking to the tv saying 'move the ball, move the ball!"

It’s crazy how true fans that watch the games night in and out can see what the coach is oblivious to. It all starts with accountability and if a certain player or players aren’t playing team ball they should be benched. Our coach doesn’t have the cojones to do that though which is our major flaw as a team.  

26 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

It’s crazy how true fans that watch the games night in and out can see what the coach is oblivious to. It all starts with accountability and if a certain player or players aren’t playing team ball they should be benched. Our coach doesn’t have the cojones to do that though which is our major flaw as a team.  

The problem is a fournier-Vucevic pick and roll is the most efficient thing we do. So when we say "give the ball to fultz" it's pushing a less effective strategy. 

We're operating on the presumption that fultz will fix a lot of that with more reps and more defined responsibility (and he's already pretty close to eclipsing Fournier so it's not like the drop off would be huge). Plus he'd make fournier more effective by opening up more catch and shoot opportunities. 

So we have to hope fultz starts taking that role from fournier with improvement vs having Clifford just give it to him. Because that won't happen as long as these numbers stay the same. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The problem is a fournier-Vucevic pick and roll is the most efficient thing we do. So when we say "give the ball to fultz" it's pushing a less effective strategy. 

We're operating on the presumption that fultz will fix a lot of that with more reps and more defined responsibility (and he's already pretty close to eclipsing Fournier so it's not like the drop off would be huge). Plus he'd make fournier more effective by opening up more catch and shoot opportunities. 

So we have to hope fultz starts taking that role from fournier with improvement vs having Clifford just give it to him. Because that won't happen as long as these numbers stay the same. 

I agree Fultz needs to be more assertive on offense because he disappears for long stretches at a time. I think he is still trying to get comfortable with this offense and learning his teammates tendencies. If we picked up the pace and had him push the ball more with guys actually running with him we would get a lot of easy transition baskets. Our half court offense struggles due to the fact nobody can make shots from 3 consistently. Couple that with the refusal of this team to attack the paint and get to the free throw line and that’s why we are where we are today. My dream would have Fournier coming off the bench as a super 6th man and Vuc being gone. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Isn't that kind of an issue though? Shouldn't Cliff be able to recognize things that might be short term detriments with the potential for long term benefit? He seems incapable of that. 

Same thing when Bamba is held ultra accountable and Vooch is allowed to play like **** with impunity. It's not even like he has to just accept the "young guys need playing time" argument and just blindly play him... Bamba has been objectively improving and earning more minutes, yet doesn't get them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I want to see some Fultz-Gordon pick and roll. Or just pick and roll with Gordon as the roll man in general. When getting the ball as a roll man, he scores 1.33 points per possession- which is pretty great. But he has only been the finisher in these situations on 24 possessions. That is 1/10 the number of times Vuch has been the roll man. Vuch scores a respectable 1.14 points per possession in these situations, but it only makes sense (to me) to have a little more variety.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Wooo! We're thinking alike TMFS1987. I was going to add what you just said to my previous reply to your post and was hoping someone else would expand on that conversation (about benching any player not playing team ball).