Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Bucks - Saturday, February 8th at 5:00 P.M.

22 hours ago, ML6 said:

Vooch 0/7, Lopez 5/5 on threes.

Lopez costs half. They really tied up $25 mil/year in one guy who plays the most replaceable position in the modern NBA when all the fans knew it’d be a mistake. It hurts. 

I think this is on Clifford and his desire to turn Vooch into a stretch 5. I get that this is about spacing, and to help create opportunities for others, but it comes at the expense of more efficient scoring and offensive rebounding, IMO. 

10 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I think this is on Clifford and his desire to turn Vooch into a stretch 5. I get that this is about spacing, and to help create opportunities for others, but it comes at the expense of more efficient scoring and offensive rebounding, IMO. 

And here we were 6 or 7 years ago saying we would never want Lopez because he would never find a way to be useful for winning. How times change.

10 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

A Vucevic 3 this year is worth about 1.03 points per possession. 

A Vucevic post up this season is worth 0.73 points per possession. 

A Vucevic post up last year was worth 0.93 points per possession. 

10 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

A Vucevic 3 this year is worth about 1.03 points per possession. 

A Vucevic post up this season is worth 0.73 points per possession. 

A Vucevic post up last year was worth 0.93 points per possession. 

Thanks for the stats, and proving me wrong about the efficiency and what each shot is worth. To me, though, there is more to the game such as things like confidence and putting our guys in a position to succeed. I get that moving Vooch out is better for us in the long run, but projects like that take time and can also keep a team from getting into a rhythm.  Last night against the Hawks is more like what I have in mind. I thought Clifford did a better job with Vooch and his game plan overall.