TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Knicks - Thursday., February 6th at 7:30 PM

28 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Your assessment of how Markelle is yielding to our vets is how I view it also. An example was in the last few seconds of the game last night. When Vuch grabbed the rebound and handed the ball to Fultz, he should have kept the ball and sped up the court all the way to the basket, instead of handing the ball to MCW. He had 3 teammates in front of him as a shield, and could have gotten as close as he could to the basket to draw contact (a foul). Many times we have seen Fultz take it all the way from beyond mid court. 

What I find interesting is that even with Fultz not having played very much in the NBA because of his injury, the others on our team can still learn a lot from him. Not saying he doesn't have room to grow, but he does a lot of little things well. For example, he is very good at creating space for a shooter by making a short pass or by just handing the ball off and then getting in the way of the defender. He does the same thing when it comes to helping other guys get rebounds. The dude can play. The problem I see is that some of the others around him haven't been taught those kinds of nuances or don't have the same level of awareness. IMO, he's a man among boys on our team, and the others don't even know it yet. Only when they figure it out and accept their role will we start playing together like a team and not like a group of individuals who are only concerned about their own personal agenda (Fournier!).