Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs Celtics - Friday, January 24th @ 7:00 PM

10 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Yep. Not many stick around during the down times. In soccer/football in England my home team is Queens Park Rangers and we was at the top league then we went down 2 divisions but the fans stuck with it through the ups and downs. It's just different. Loyal etc etc

If we were an elite basketball team for 10 years Boston would still fill up Amway. It's less to do with how good we are and more to do with immigration patterns. An extremely large chunk of Florida's population is made up of people born in New England or people who's parents were born in New England. So there's an extremely large contingent of Celtics fans in the area. Now where most magic fans pick a handful of games to go to each year, the Celtic fans only have one or two chances a year to watch their team live so they come out in force. 

Team success is what makes local kids choose the heat over us. It didn't really impact the Celtics games. 

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Adel Taarabt, the legend

You know brother MP! He was absolutely sublime for us. Wonderful footballer. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Last night is exactly why Fultz needs to become a better shooter.

I'll second that. Thing with Markelle he will improve and learn we think/hope. Our so called vets are the issue. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

If we were an elite basketball team for 10 years Boston would still fill up Amway. It's less to do with how good we are and more to do with immigration patterns. An extremely large chunk of Florida's population is made up of people born in New England or people who's parents were born in New England. So there's an extremely large contingent of Celtics fans in the area. Now where most magic fans pick a handful of games to go to each year, the Celtic fans only have one or two chances a year to watch their team live so they come out in force. 

Team success is what makes local kids choose the heat over us. It didn't really impact the Celtics games. 

That's fair enough. I still feel it could be a lot better. Seeing other fans sing louder at your own arena/stadium is very unusual for me to see/hear. 

14 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

That's fair enough. I still feel it could be a lot better. Seeing other fans sing louder at your own arena/stadium is very unusual for me to see/hear. 

It’s all about the product on the floor. Give them something to cheer for.

59 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I mean when our product was great we still dealt with this with Boston. 

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

I mean when our product was great we still dealt with this with Boston. 

I know. You’ll always have that during Boston games. 

The lack of enthusiasm, fans, other games, no one cares because nothing is being done to change it. Treadmill...Meanwhile WeHam/FO staff are collecting a nice pension.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah I get that for sure. It's just different culture to English soccer/football. Even when the product is not too good for my team the following doesn't change. 

I'm sure it will get better definitely

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I know. You’ll always have that during Boston games. 

The lack of enthusiasm, fans, other games, no one cares because nothing is being done to change it. Treadmill...Meanwhile WeHam/FO staff are collecting a nice pension.

Yep. Hopefully it changes ASAP. It will I'm sure. This will all work out.