Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs Thunder - Wednesday, January 22nd @ 7:00 PM

3 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I love it!  You had to work for that good job:)  

Yeah to trade fournier we need to get some long term value without actively killing our present. We need philosophical fits and guys who can play next to fultz. 

Then we need to do another move to balance everything after that but this is a move that makes sense for both sides, fits who we want to be, doesn't kill our long term money or our current season. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Lmao this is real? I mean we all know this but did he really tweet this?

In reference to John Morgan's tweet about the Oladipo trade, I had to do a double take too at JM's name.

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

1. Let's say we trade for James harden today. He asks for a trade and we cash in our trade assets for him. Then in the summer giannis becomes available. We can't trade for giannis because we spent all of our trade stuff on harden. Every move you make today limits every future move you can make. That's not to say you don't make a good deal by holding out for a great one but you have to keep that limitation in mind going forward. 

2. I'm not talking about a specific plan, just we need to have a plan. We can't make moves just for the sake of making moves. We can change the plan we have but there has to be some sort of roadmap.

1) Nobody was talking about superstars actually, but even considering them like a possibility: we haven't made the right moves recently to have the assets to offer for them (that has been a key point of my management critics recently) so other team surely will have a better hand to trade for them, and we don't have a cap situations that helps convincing a superstar and another great player to join (something like the Leonard-George situation). We've no great contracts to include in such deals, but we have a few overpay instead. We're also not usually in the list of preferred destinations of those stars who asks for a trade.

2) Everything I'm critizing it's exactly because I don't see a plan at all,  except the resign all the team just to retain (supposed) assets and stay in the playoff picture. Again, mediocrity, or a mediocre plan, as you prefer.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Has anything changed? Does Weltman have complete control, or is Martins interfering? 

I have no idea personally, but I imagine it would be harder to interfere when it's not just Jeff, but John the GM also. And they have a ton of business experience. Unlike 30 yr old Rob Hennigan. I don't feel Scott Perry as assistant here and GM in New York has asserted himself as a strong personality.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Has anything changed? Does Weltman have complete control, or is Martins interfering? 

No. Nothing has changed. That tweet was from 2 years ago 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Will that help us this season? Do you believe Wright will take over the offensive production that Fournier currently have? 
I mean, I will be ok with this trade if it is more of an offseason move but not at this time of the year where we want to improve our roster to at least compete in the first round of the playoff.. 

I honestly like it but more as an offseason move. Wish we would have done it prior this season. 
unfortunately,  it seems as we will ride the Fournier train til the end of the season. They clearly want to make the playoff and will not make a move that can jeopardize that.

9 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Will that help us this season? Do you believe Wright will take over the offensive production that Fournier currently have? 
I mean, I will be ok with this trade if it is more of an offseason move but not at this time of the year where we want to improve our roster to at least compete in the first round of the playoff.. 

I honestly like it but more as an offseason move. Wish we would have done it prior this season. 
unfortunately,  it seems as we will ride the Fournier train til the end of the season. They clearly want to make the playoff and will not make a move that can jeopardize that.

Teams aren't trading pieces to improve us today for a 36 game fournier rental. 

We're looking at getting one of these options:

1. A pick in the 20s with salary filler

2. A young player that requires a bunch of development on a veteran team that's trying to win now. 

3. A solid role player that a team wouldn't mind losing to get a player like fournier who has a higher offensive ceiling. 

4. A fournier like player on another team on an expiring deal that plays a different position. 

5. A better player on a horrible contract that a team is desperate to get off of.