Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Warriors - Saturday, January 18th @ 8:30 PM

27 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Nothing against Fournier, Vooch or any of the guys. I think it's a chemistry thing this year. Last year we had it. Guys were playing for each other. We moved the ball and did well. This year it seems more like it's all about individual play. If we had Michael Jordan then yeah I get it, but our guys need each other to do well. 

My friend, I have to disagree with you about Fournier and the lack of chemistry part.  When the Magic had a 4-game winning streak in early December, they beat the Warriors, the Wizards and Suns (back to back), also the Cavs. I mentioned back then that I believed there was chemistry. Everyone was on the same page with lots of ball movement.

After that winning streak, injuries became a factor in the Magic losing a lot of games. So, fast forward to the month of January. The Magic continued to lose too many games because of lack of defense, lack of ball movement, turning the ball over a lot and not able to score. Some of it could be attributed to injuries and the coach having to reach deep into the bench for rotations.

According to reports, Evan was injured (right quad contusion) in the game against the Kings on January 13. He sat out the next 2 games against the Lakers and Clippers (We beat the Lakers with our deep bench players).

According to an article, Fournier should not have played Saturday against the Warriors because he was still nursing an illness and he was given the green light to play.

Fournier (illness) posted 12 points (4-11 FG, 4-6 3Pt), four rebounds, four assists and one steal in 32 minutes Saturday in the Magic's 109-95 loss to the Warriors.

Fournier was nursing an illness heading into the contest and was given the green light to play, but he might have been better served taking the night off. While he shot well from distance, he converted none of his five attempts from two-point range and tied a season high with four turnovers.

Evan also had 4 fouls.

Link:  https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/magics-evan-fournier-struggles-through-illness-saturday/

As I said earlier, Fournier tries to pad his stats. I feel sorry that he was ill, but he should not have put the team in jeopardy of losing that game.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

My friend, I have to disagree with you about Fournier and the lack of chemistry part.  When the Magic had a 4-game winning streak in early December, they beat the Warriors, the Wizards and Suns (back to back), also the Cavs. I mentioned back then that I believed there was chemistry. Everyone was on the same page with lots of ball movement.

After that winning streak, injuries became a factor in the Magic losing a lot of games. So, fast forward to the month of January. The Magic continued to lose too many games because of lack of defense, lack of ball movement, turning the ball over a lot and not able to score. Some of it could be attributed to injuries and the coach having to reach deep into the bench for rotations.

According to reports, Evan was injured (right quad contusion) in the game against the Kings on January 13. He sat out the next 2 games against the Lakers and Clippers (We beat the Lakers with our deep bench players).

According to an article, Fournier should not have played Saturday against the Warriors because he was still nursing an illness and he was given the green light to play.

Evan also had 4 fouls.

Link:  https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/magics-evan-fournier-struggles-through-illness-saturday/

As I said earlier, Fournier tries to pad his stats. I feel sorry that he was ill, but he should not have put the team in jeopardy of losing that game.

No expert here, so I can agree to disagree, but if Fournier is just trying to pad his stats then he is making it all about him ( and his upcoming contract) and not about the team, right? Of course he is trying to win, so I wouldn’t say he is padding his stats, just a guy doing his best and trying to win, but I would say that I would like to see more team ball with us moving the ball better to help create easier shots. I also would like to see more cutters when Fultz makes his way into the paint and the defense cuts him off. Note: just some thoughts, not saying I know everything and have all the answers. :-)

I have never understood the whole, "Fournier is selfish" thing. I don't get that from him at all. He's aggressive, sure. But a lot of guys are aggressive. He's never really played with a guy who's demonstratively better than him on offense, so why wouldn't he be aggressive as a scorer. Especially at the end of games. Dude seems very much like a guy who wants to win. He's going to be very valuable to some team with a top-tear scorer as a second or third option. Imagine this dude in Dallas, just occasionally taking pressure off of Luka and staggering his minutes so he can run the bench unit the way Gordon did for us last year. As many of us have been saying for years, the problem isn't Fournier, it's that Fournier is being asked to do more than he should be.

37 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I have never understood the whole, "Fournier is selfish" thing. I don't get that from him at all. He's aggressive, sure. But a lot of guys are aggressive. He's never really played with a guy who's demonstratively better than him on offense, so why wouldn't he be aggressive as a scorer. Especially at the end of games. Dude seems very much like a guy who wants to win. He's going to be very valuable to some team with a top-tear scorer as a second or third option. Imagine this dude in Dallas, just occasionally taking pressure off of Luka and staggering his minutes so he can run the bench unit the way Gordon did for us last year. As many of us have been saying for years, the problem isn't Fournier, it's that Fournier is being asked to do more than he should be.

I can agree with a lot of this...

54 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you. He seems like he wants to win and has a lot of confidence that he is the guy to do it. I can’t really be upset with that. It could be worse- like the opposite. However, maybe they are asking him to distribute the ball more and he doesn’t. Although I do think we need a star ( one who can consistently create their own shot, etc.), I still believe team basketball will get us further with the right guys and chemistry. Stars are a hard thing to come by ( and keep long term) in a small market city ( nba standards) like Orlando, IMO.