Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Warriors - Saturday, January 18th @ 8:30 PM

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It's pretty typical for this team. 

1. Play with a sense of urgency for a while. 

2. Get signature win

3. Rest on our laurels

4. Embarrassing loss

5. Repeat. 

I prefer that we lose to Golden State for a wake up call and a win vs Charlotte because the Charlotte game is significantly more important. But it's annoying that a veteran team has to go through this process once a month. 

Very true, another reason I'm sick of seeing always the same thing over and over.  We had a fantastic start btw, we were something like 13-0, a good playoff team would be easily keep the game under control after that, but we don't have that killer instict, that ability to control things, and probably never will as constructed.

I would have preferred to win both games, that should be our level and our mentality, not being just happy to win the more important one.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Very true, another reason I'm sick of seeing always the same thing over and over.  We had a fantastic start btw, we were something like 13-0, a good playoff team would be easily keep the game under control after that, but we don't have that killer instict, that ability to control things, and probably never will as constructed.

I would have preferred to win both games, that should be our level and our mentality, not being just happy to win the more important one.

Exactly. Every year it’s trying to be happy Because are aren’t “more garbage” than we are now. Kind of getting old. 

7 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

To do list: (In order of priority) 

1. Trade Fournier

2. Trade Vooch

3. Trade Ross

I’m not fussed in what order but YES, YES and YES. Get rid of them please 

2 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

That's very untrue, but I agree that we don't want both of them in the same backcourt. 

What I mean is that they are both playmakers who need the ball in their hand to facilitate. Neither of them are really off ball threats. And since there's only one ball to go around...

I have 2 scenarios as to how the Magic could have won that game last night. Both scenarios would include DJ if he had played. I know some of you will not agree, but here goes.  :

1.  DJ instead of MCW at backup point guard

• MCW is better defensively
  • DJ is a better scorer--a 3 pt. threat 
  • DJ knows how to draw fouls (that fake 3 pt. shot with the defender jumping into him)
  • DJ is a better passer
  • DJ draws multiple defenders under the basket and then dishes the ball to a trailer like AG, JI and sometimes Birch for a jam.

mBWAHh.gif

zS86to.gif                       1Wb7xF.gif

aWVdDD.gif 

PO2EMd.gif

OmeQdM.gif

2.  Having DJ and Fultz on the floor at the same time  (although some posters don't like it) 

• It's an effective strategy
  • Both DJ and Fultz are good playing off ball
  • Many times they alternated in the pg and sg positionsIt worked very well in some of the games we won and limited Fournier's minutes on the floor.
  • Upvote 2

I know it takes a while for guys to get used to each other especially since we have had our fair share of injuries. However, our core guys should be pretty comfortable with each other by now. So, why are we still having long stretches where our offense peters out? What's up? Is this on Fultz or the rest of our guys? Now, don't get me wrong. I am very happy with Fultz. I am just curious as to why he seems to be in a situation where he has to do it all. I also am giving him sort of a pass because he really hasn't played much basketball since he has come into the league and I am willing to be patient with him and let him grow and develop. If this is Fultz and JI's team going forward, do we have the right guys for Fultz's playing style? Are we seeing two different offenses? One with Fournier/Vooch, the other with Fultz? Versatility is good, but could this be why our offense is so disjointed sometimes? Sorry to ramble. Not really complaining. Just curious, that's all. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I know it takes a while for guys to get used to each other especially since we have had our fair share of injuries. However, our core guys should be pretty comfortable with each other by now. So, why are we still having long stretches where our offense peters out? What's up? Is this on Fultz or the rest of our guys? Now, don't get me wrong. I am very happy with Fultz. I am just curious as to why he seems to be in a situation where he has to do it all. I also am giving him sort of a pass because he really hasn't played much basketball since he has come into the league and I am willing to be patient with him and let him grow and develop. If this is Fultz and JI's team going forward, do we have the right guys for Fultz's playing style? Are we seeing two different offenses? One with Fournier/Vooch, the other with Fultz? Versatility is good, but could this be why our offense is so disjointed sometimes? Sorry to ramble. Not really complaining. Just curious, that's all. 

In the past, Fournier and Vuch were accused of playing 'buddy ball'. I don't see that as the case now. The bro'mance was over at the start of this season with each doing his own thing. Both have played well at times this season but not consistently. If we must get rid of one of them, it would have to be Fournier. He wants to be 'the guy', and all he does is pad his stats.

Most of the time he over dribbles, looking for his own shot instead of passing the ball and getting the entire team involved in ball movement. He also needs to see an orthopaedic surgeon about his right elbow. He's constantly called for a foul because that elbow keeps getting in the way of the defender. There might be something wrong with it and he does not have control of it. ;) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I am just frustrated as a life long Magic fan.  I want this team to be relevant and do great things.  But I honestly think like the last rebuild we quit adding to our talent base early and tried to be good to soon.

The Weham era wasn’t really a rebuild. It was more of an attempt to right the ship. And right now all we have to show for it is just piggybacking. I swear if we resign Fournier.....

11 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

The Weham era wasn’t really a rebuild. It was more of an attempt to right the ship. And it is right now is just piggybacking. I swear if we resign Fournier.....

I would say the Oladipo trade was a reset of the first rebuild.  Weham had to come in and pick up the pieces and what did they do double down on the the so called talent (Vooch, Ross, Fournier, Augustin)  Of the first rebuild.  I don't know either way it freaking stinks!  I love my Dolphins and FSU Noles but there is nothing like the Magic and what it would mean for this team and this city to win a title!  

8 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

In the past, Fournier and Vuch were accused of playing 'buddy ball'. I don't see that as the case now. The bro'mance was over at the start of this season with each doing his own thing. Both have played well at times this season but not consistently. If we must get rid of one of them, it would have to be Fournier. He wants to be 'the guy', and all he does is pad his stats.

Most of the time he over dribbles, looking for his own shot instead of passing the ball and getting the entire team involved in ball movement. He also needs to see an orthopaedic surgeon about his right elbow. He's constantly called for a foul because that elbow keeps getting in the way of the defender. There might be something wrong with it and he does not have control of it. ;) 

Nothing against Fournier, Vooch or any of the guys. I think it's a chemistry thing this year. Last year we had it. Guys were playing for each other. We moved the ball and did well. This year it seems more like it's all about individual play. If we had Michael Jordan then yeah I get it, but our guys need each other to do well.